Two Get Life Sentence in 2010 Murder Case
Two youths were sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for murdering an industrial worker from Navi Mumbai in 2010.
Thane Additional Sessions Judge V K Shewale handed out the sentence on Friday to accused Dattatrya Bapay Anant Pisar (19) and Ramesh Tirath Nisad (19) after they were found guilty of brutally killing Shyam Milan Yadav (24) with a sole intention of robbery.
According to the prosecution, the murder took place on May 7, 2010 while Yadav was on his way to answer nature's call and the duo apprehended him en route and attacked him with a knife.
The assailants belonging to Turbhe locality of Navi Mumbai, brutally stabbed the worker following which he died on the spot, the court was told.
As many as 11 witnesses including a woman Shobha Kamble deposed in the case corroborating that the two stabbed the victim that day after which they sped into darkness.
Relying on various evidences including that of prime witness Kamble, the duo was convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment under section 302 rw 34 of IPC along with seven years of rigorous imprisonment which will run concurrently.
FROM OUTLOOKCover StoryThe abdication of responsibility by Parliament and the executive has forced a burst of judicial activism—on issues as...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionScandalous, irresponsible and impervious to publicmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESAllahabad, July 23 (PTI) The Central Administrativmore from WIRES>>>
- PM Should Also be Suspended for 'Inviting ISI to Pathankot': Mann
- Patient Shoots Doctor at Berlin Hospital, Kills Self: Police
- Irom Sharmila to Call Off Hunger Strike After 16 Years
- Devas-Antrix Deal: India Loses Arbitration Case at the Hague
- Four Militants Killed, Another Apprehended in Kupwara
- Flipkart Acquires Jabong From Global Fashion Group
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- 'Pained' by Una Episode, Many Dalits Plan to Embrace Buddhism
- British PM May Calls Sharif to Discuss Ties
- Child Labour Bill a Missed Opportunity for Children: Satyarthi
- Govt Holds Meet With RSS Affiliates Over Key Economic Issues
- HC Seeks Centre's Report on Use of Pellet Guns in Kashmir
- Psychological Warfare on Social Media Our New Threat: Rathore
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED