Two Get Life Sentence in 2010 Murder Case
Two youths were sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for murdering an industrial worker from Navi Mumbai in 2010.
Thane Additional Sessions Judge V K Shewale handed out the sentence on Friday to accused Dattatrya Bapay Anant Pisar (19) and Ramesh Tirath Nisad (19) after they were found guilty of brutally killing Shyam Milan Yadav (24) with a sole intention of robbery.
According to the prosecution, the murder took place on May 7, 2010 while Yadav was on his way to answer nature's call and the duo apprehended him en route and attacked him with a knife.
The assailants belonging to Turbhe locality of Navi Mumbai, brutally stabbed the worker following which he died on the spot, the court was told.
As many as 11 witnesses including a woman Shobha Kamble deposed in the case corroborating that the two stabbed the victim that day after which they sped into darkness.
Relying on various evidences including that of prime witness Kamble, the duo was convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment under section 302 rw 34 of IPC along with seven years of rigorous imprisonment which will run concurrently.
- Infiltration Bid Foiled in Kashmir, Four Militants Killed
- Kushner Proposed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Diplomat
- K.P.S. Gill Ruled Indian Hockey With An Iron Fist
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10