Two Assam Rifles Jawans Killed in Manipur Bomb Blast
Two jawans of the Assam Rifles were killed and another injured when a powerful bomb exploded in interior Chandel district of Manipur, police said today.
The bomb exploded when the personnel of 3rd Assam Rifles battalion were patrolling near their post at Old Somtal area, about 70 km south-east of here, yesterday, the police said.
While the injured was taken to the army hospital at Leimakhong, about 25 km north of here, the bodies of the two deceased jawans were taken to Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital here for postmortem, they said.
Meanwhile, major insurgent organisation United National Liberation Front in a statement claimed that their armed wing, Manipur People's Army (MPA), planted the bomb to attack the security personnel.
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Narada Journalists Threaten Hunger Strike Over Dues
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10