Two Assam Rifles Jawans Killed in Manipur Bomb Blast
Two jawans of the Assam Rifles were killed and another injured when a powerful bomb exploded in interior Chandel district of Manipur, police said today.
The bomb exploded when the personnel of 3rd Assam Rifles battalion were patrolling near their post at Old Somtal area, about 70 km south-east of here, yesterday, the police said.
While the injured was taken to the army hospital at Leimakhong, about 25 km north of here, the bodies of the two deceased jawans were taken to Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital here for postmortem, they said.
Meanwhile, major insurgent organisation United National Liberation Front in a statement claimed that their armed wing, Manipur People's Army (MPA), planted the bomb to attack the security personnel.
- Congress Bastion Amethi Goes To Polls
- Assault on Kerala Actress Scares Me: Deepika
- Nokia Relaunches Iconic 3310 With Colour Display, Web Features
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- 'You Want To Make Universities Laboratories For Separatist Experiments?' Naidu Asks Congress, Left
- Madras High Court Exempts Class Xth Non-Tamil Students From Writing Examination In Tamil
- Banned SIMI Chief And 10 Others Given Life Imprisonment In Sedition Case
- Airtel Removes Roaming Charges on Calls, Data
- Now, BJP MP Pratap Simha Compares Kargil Martyr's Daughter With Dawood Ibrahim
- Political Speeches, Anti-Trump Jibes Dominate Oscars 2017
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events