Trouble for Haryana Cong Ends, Yadav to Stay in Cabinet
The trouble in Haryana's ruling Congress over the resignation of Power Minister Ajay Singh Yadav ended tonight with the party announcing that he will continue to be in ministry, capping his meeting with the central leadership of the party here.
Yadav met Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda before calling on AICC general secretary in-charge for the state Shakeel Ahmad here this evening.
After the meetings, Ahmed said late tonight that Yadav has decided to continue in the Hooda ministry and the issues raised by him will be taken care of.
Yadav, the six-time MLA from Rewari had resigned from the ministry yesterday and attacked Hooda for "failing to learn lessons" from the party's Lok Sabha election debacle.
"Yadav met me. He is a very respected and senior leader. We had a detailed discussion about the grievances," Ahmed said.
Before meeting Yadav, Ahmed, who is also Congress spokesperon, had downplayed the resignation of Yadav.
"Ajay Singh Yadav has said he will not leave the party. Of course, he has quit the state cabinet," Ahmed had said at the AICC briefing.
Sources said either Yadav will take back his resignation or the Chief Minister will reject it thereby ensuring that the minister continues in the state cabinet.
FROM OUTLOOKCongressAs the elections approach, expectations are high in the Congress that the Gandhi bahu will give a call...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBPoliticsFormer Uttar Pradesh Congress President Rita Bahugmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, July 23 (pti) Mohan Prakash, former genmore from WIRES>>>
- Govt Plans to Further Liberalize Visa Regime to Boost Tourism: Swaraj
- Teesta Setalvad Liable for Mixing Religion With Politics: HRD Panel
- SP Appears on Brink of Split as CM Sacks Shivpal, Mulayam Expels Ramgopal
- Now, Adult Film Star Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- BSF Jawan Gurnam Singh Injured in Pak Attack Succumbs to Injuries
- ADHM Row: Army Upset Over Being Dragged Into Film Politics, Rejects Forced Donation
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Kabaddi Player Rohit Kumar Sent to Judicial Custody in Wife's Suicide Case
- Not Just a Business Partner, But an Ally Who Stood By India in its Darkest Hours: Russia
- Two Explosions Hit Japanese City in Suspected Suicide Bombing, One Killed
- My Removal From Govt an Attempt to Weaken SP Leadership: Shivpal
- Reports Say Queen Elizabeth Faces Massive Post-Brexit Losses
- Rajnath Singh Leaves for Three-Day Visit to Bahrain, to Raise Pak Issue
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- BJP Wants To Make India a Hindu Rashtra, Owaisi Attacks PM for His 'Jai Shri Ram' Greeting
- Injected With Petrol Into Their Private Parts, UP Teenagers Still Await Surgery
- Scenes With Ranbir in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Not Frivolous Sensuality: Aishwarya
- Muslim Woman Refuses to Accept Triple Talaq Notice by Husband
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'