Troops Giving Appropriate Response to Ceasefire Violaions: Jaitley
Indian troops are giving appropriate response whenever Pakistan violates the ceasefire along the border, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley said today.
"Whenever ceasefire violations take place our soldiers give appropriate response at the border," he told reporters here.
The Minister was asked about the continuing ceasefire violations on the sidelines of a conference of Tourism Ministers here.
There have been 12 ceasefire violation in the past ten days along the Indo-Pak border by Pakistani troops.
India had called off the talks between Foreign Secretaries of the countries slated for August 25, telling Pakistan bluntly to choose between an Indo-Pak dialogue or hobnobbing with the separatists.
FROM OUTLOOKDefenceWith service chiefs increasingly at the mercy of bureaucrats and dwindling budgets, the country's defence preparedness needs to...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionTom Engelhardt addresses the graduates of 2016 fromore from WEB>>>
FROM WIREST V Parasuram Washington, July 23 (PTI) Diffemore from WIRES>>>
- Swaraj Slams Those Who Made Altruistic Surrogacy 'A Fashion'
- World's Largest Aircraft, Airlander 10, Crashes During Second Test Flight in UK
- Powerful Earthquake Hits Myanmar, Bagan Temples Damaged
- Never Blamed RSS as an Institution for Mahatma Gandhi's Killing: Rahul to SC
- Scorpene Data Leak: Indian Navy Probes Matter
- More Than 70 Dead as Pre-Dawn Quake Hits Central Italy
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- Maharashtra Govt Sends Report on Zakir Naik to Centre
- Maruti Labour Unrest: SC Sets Aside HC Order to Recall Witnesses
- Panel on OROP Not Hearing Individuals: Ex-Serviceman Tells HC
- British-Indian Siblings Forced Off Plane Over 'ISIS Claims'
- Piers Morgan Hits A Soft Spot: Why Didn't India Win A Single Olympic Gold?
- Girl Dies Waiting in Queue at Gurgaon Hospital, Probe Ordered
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED