Troops Giving Appropriate Response to Ceasefire Violaions: Jaitley
Indian troops are giving appropriate response whenever Pakistan violates the ceasefire along the border, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley said today.
"Whenever ceasefire violations take place our soldiers give appropriate response at the border," he told reporters here.
The Minister was asked about the continuing ceasefire violations on the sidelines of a conference of Tourism Ministers here.
There have been 12 ceasefire violation in the past ten days along the Indo-Pak border by Pakistani troops.
India had called off the talks between Foreign Secretaries of the countries slated for August 25, telling Pakistan bluntly to choose between an Indo-Pak dialogue or hobnobbing with the separatists.
FROM OUTLOOKDefenceWith service chiefs increasingly at the mercy of bureaucrats and dwindling budgets, the country's defence preparedness needs to...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionTom Engelhardt addresses the graduates of 2016 fromore from WEB>>>
FROM WIREST V Parasuram Washington, July 23 (PTI) Diffemore from WIRES>>>
- Sidhu Likely to Join AAP in August
- NADA Concludes Hearing, Decision on Narsingh's Fate Deferred
- FM Hits Back at Rahul, Says NDA Has Brought Down Inflation
- Eminent Writer Mahasweta Devi Dies at 90
- Rajnath to Raise Pak-Sponsored Terror, No Bilateral With Pak Counterpart
- Obama Passes Baton to Clinton, Says No One More Qualified
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Abesh Dasgupta Death Case: Police Rule Out Murder Theory
- Govt Admits 'a Lot Remains to be Done' for Entrepreneurship
- Dubai-KozhikodeFlight Lands in Mumbai After Ruckus by Passenger
- 'Arhar Modi, Arhar Modi': Rahul's Dig at Modi
- GST Bill Pending in RS Requires Amendment: Chidambaram
- PM Asks NITI Aayog to Prepare Visionary Roadmap for India's Growth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED