Train Services Resume Between Koraput and Rayagada
Train services resumed between Koraput and Rayagada after the tracks were cleared of boulders, which fell from the adjacent mountains after a landslide on August 5.
"Trains terminated at Rayagada for the blockades reached Koraput yesterday," said station manager of Koraput railway station Jogendra Nath Majhi.
Landslides had occurred at several places on the 172-km stretch between Koraput and Rayagada and it took time to clear the tracks of debris, he said.
"As intermittent downpour is continuing for the past few days we are watchful of the developments. If fresh landslides occur on the Koraput-Rayagada route then train traffic may get hampered again," he said.
For the past one week, the Jagadalpur-Bhubaneswar, Jagdalpur-Howrah, Koraput-Rourkela and Koraput-Sambalpur trains were terminated at Rayagada owing to the blockades, railway sources said.
- Eminent Writer Mahasweta Devi Dies at 90
- Why Is Dal So Expensive, Rahul Asks Modi
- Rajnath Singh to Visit Pakistan on August 3, Attend SAARC Meet
- Assam: Flood Situation Grim, Sonowal Visits Majuli Island
- Javadekar Meets RSS, Its Affiliates, Discusses New Education Policy
- Obama Passes Baton to Clinton, Says No One More Qualified
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Major Secretary-Level Reshuffle, Aruna Sharma New Steel Secretary
- Javadekar Holds Discussion With RSS Bodies on Education
- Ishrat Probe Officer Gets New Secretay-Level Posting for Two Years
- Good That Rajnath Will Travel to Pakistan: Omar Abdullah
- Security Forces Were Unaware of Wani's Presence: Mehbooba
- Tell States How Their Financial Interests Will be Protected: Yechury
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED