Train Services Resume Between Koraput and Rayagada
Train services resumed between Koraput and Rayagada after the tracks were cleared of boulders, which fell from the adjacent mountains after a landslide on August 5.
"Trains terminated at Rayagada for the blockades reached Koraput yesterday," said station manager of Koraput railway station Jogendra Nath Majhi.
Landslides had occurred at several places on the 172-km stretch between Koraput and Rayagada and it took time to clear the tracks of debris, he said.
"As intermittent downpour is continuing for the past few days we are watchful of the developments. If fresh landslides occur on the Koraput-Rayagada route then train traffic may get hampered again," he said.
For the past one week, the Jagadalpur-Bhubaneswar, Jagdalpur-Howrah, Koraput-Rourkela and Koraput-Sambalpur trains were terminated at Rayagada owing to the blockades, railway sources said.
- Pak Will Give Befitting Response to Any Misadventure: Raheel
- Shahabuddin Surrenders, Says CM Will be 'Taught a Lesson'
- Sri Lanka Becomes Fifth Nation to Pull Out of SAARC
- SC Cancels RJD Leader Shahabuddin's Bail, Sends Him Back to Jail
- Surgical Strikes by India in PoK an Act of Self Defence: Afghanistan
- Bihar Liquor Prohibition Law Illegal, Rules Patna High Court
- Denzel Washington's 'FENCES' Trailer Promises Oscar Contenders
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Will Tell India What Is Real Surgical Strike: Saeed
- Telcos Meet TRAI, Allege Tariff Order Violation by RJio
- Surgical Strike: South Korea Supports India's Stance
- Court Issues NBW Against Dawood Ibrahim, Chhota Shakeel
- 10 Killed, 29 Missing in Typhoon Megi in China
- Philippine Prez Duterte 'Happy to Slaughter' Drug Suspects, Mentions Hitler
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED