Train Services Resume Between Koraput and Rayagada
Train services resumed between Koraput and Rayagada after the tracks were cleared of boulders, which fell from the adjacent mountains after a landslide on August 5.
"Trains terminated at Rayagada for the blockades reached Koraput yesterday," said station manager of Koraput railway station Jogendra Nath Majhi.
Landslides had occurred at several places on the 172-km stretch between Koraput and Rayagada and it took time to clear the tracks of debris, he said.
"As intermittent downpour is continuing for the past few days we are watchful of the developments. If fresh landslides occur on the Koraput-Rayagada route then train traffic may get hampered again," he said.
For the past one week, the Jagadalpur-Bhubaneswar, Jagdalpur-Howrah, Koraput-Rourkela and Koraput-Sambalpur trains were terminated at Rayagada owing to the blockades, railway sources said.
- Government Says 'No' To India-Pakistan Cricket Series
- CISE Declares Class 12 Results, Topper Gets 99.5%
- Delhi Man Killed For Objecting To Public Urination
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10