Tourists From 49 Nations to Get Extended Visa in Thailand
Thailand has approved a new regulation that allows tourists from 49 countries to extend their stay by a further 30 days to boost the tourism sector.
Indians who get visa on arrival are given a 14-day visa.
The visitors entering on the 60-day tourist visa are still eligible for the extra stay of 30 days.
The move which would come into effect from tomorrow is designed to boost tourism, said Voravat Amornvivat, deputy commander of the bureau's Investigation Division.
The measure will appeal to foreign travellers who want to prolong their stay in Thailand and visit other Southeast Asian countries, Vorarat said.
The extension will cost around Rs 4,000. The bureau, however, tightened up visa extension regulations for foreigners who enrol to study Thai language in private schools outside the official school system as well as those working in a non-profit organisation or foreign chamber of commerce.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10