Tourists From 49 Nations to Get Extended Visa in Thailand
Thailand has approved a new regulation that allows tourists from 49 countries to extend their stay by a further 30 days to boost the tourism sector.
Indians who get visa on arrival are given a 14-day visa.
The visitors entering on the 60-day tourist visa are still eligible for the extra stay of 30 days.
The move which would come into effect from tomorrow is designed to boost tourism, said Voravat Amornvivat, deputy commander of the bureau's Investigation Division.
The measure will appeal to foreign travellers who want to prolong their stay in Thailand and visit other Southeast Asian countries, Vorarat said.
The extension will cost around Rs 4,000. The bureau, however, tightened up visa extension regulations for foreigners who enrol to study Thai language in private schools outside the official school system as well as those working in a non-profit organisation or foreign chamber of commerce.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- DU Professor Injured in Violence Hospitalised
- Fire Breaks Out At The Times Of India Building In New Delhi
- Kerala CM Retracts His Remark Denying Conspiracy in Assault on Actress
- Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Amidst Tiff With Media
- Pakistan Rangers Kill 4, Detain Over 600 Terror Suspects In 200 Search Operations
- Maharashtra: Nearly 350 Students In Custody,18 Others Arrested After Army Recruitment Board Papers Leaked
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan