Toronto-Bound Jet Airways Flight Returns Amsterdam After Tail Strike
A Jet Airways flight from Amsterdam to Toronto with 352 people on board today suffered tail strike, forcing the pilot to return to the Dutch capital.
The airline said the passengers and the crew landed safely.
It was operating a Boeing 777-300ER plane.
Sources said the flight suffered a tail strike while taking off from Amsterdam to Toronto and later faced pressurisation problems.
Following the issues, the pilot decided to return to Amsterdam, they added.
A Jet Airways spokesperson said the flight 9W 234 returned to Amsterdam due to a "suspected tail scrape during take-off".
"The aircraft, with 337 guests and 15 crew, landed safely and is currently being inspected by Jet Airways' engineering team," he said in a statement.
The airline also regretted the inconvenience caused to its passengers.
In January this year, a Jet Airways plane's tail had touched the runway during landing at the Dhaka airport. The flight was from Mumbai.
- 22 Killed, Many Injured In Blast At Pop Concert In UK
- It Will Be A Challenging Journey, But Worth Fighting For: Vishal Sikka Tells Infosys Shareholders
- Manchester Attack: 'Broken.. I'm Sorry', Says Pop Singer Ariana Whose Concert Was Hit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10