Top Government Media Bureaucrats Shunted
The prinicipal director general of Media & Communication of the Press Information Bureau, Neelam Kapur, has been shifted to the directorate of field publicity, as per highly placed sources in government.
It is a clear case of demotion for her as she gets an additional secretary level post, whereas the one she was holding was a secretary level position.
As a UPA appointee, Kapur was perceived to be close to the previous government by the current dispensation.
Frank Noronha, a 1982-batch officer of the Indian Information Service, who was earlier the DG of Field Publicity, is being brought in to replace Kapur.
He has worked as Information Officer in various ministries and has served as Deputy Press Secretary in the Rashtrapati Bhavan during his long tenure.
Additional direcor general, Doordarshan, S.M. Khan, has been put on compulsory wait.
He is said to have been punished for being seen to be responsible for delaying the transmission of Mr Narendra Modi's interview to Doordarshan in the run-up to the Lok Sabha elections.
There had been a controversy over the editing of the interview and not telecasting it on prime time.
Archana Dutta, Director General (News) in All India Radio, has been given additional charge of DD (News) Doordarshan, the sources said.
(With inputs from PTI)
Postscript: As some of the tweets appended below indicate, Kapur had been in the line of fire of a vocal section of BJP-supporting Twitterati because of inviting Raheel Khursheed of Twitter India to address PIB as recently as August 5.
Per sources neelam Kapur was considered for the post of Head of Nehru Centre, London as an honourable exit formula but sushma objected— MediaWatcher (@India_MSM) August 8, 2014
FROM OUTLOOKPressThe Hindujas may have established a cable distribution network, but the dream of owning a journal continues to...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionThere is quite an understandable outrage at the gomore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, Jul 23 (PTI) After their successful formore from WIRES>>>
- My Party and My Family Are United: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Tata-Mistry Tussle Heads to the Courts As Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC, NCLT
- Yashwant Sinha Led Delegation Meets Hurriyat Leader Geelani to Break Kashmir Impasse
- Six Members of a Family Injured in Pak Shelling in Jammu
- SC Directs Vijay Mallya to Disclose His Foreign Assets in Four Weeks
- Delhi: One Person Killed In Blast At Naya Bazar, Rajnath Calls Delhi CP
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- E-Ballot Facility for Service Voters Gets Govt Nod: CEC
- Snatch Tribal Rights, Face Action, Warns PM
- 300-Year-Old British Coin, One of Only 20 Ever Minted, Found in 4-Year-Old's Treasure Chest
- Muslim Community Must Seriously Ponder Over Triple Talaq: RSS
- Rename HRD Ministry as Education Ministry: Sisodia to Javadekar
- Saudi Man Dumps Bride for Sharing Pictures on Snapchat Just 2 Hrs After Wedding
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED