TNCC Raises Questions on Swamy Visiting Lanka
The Tamil Nadu Congress Committee President B S Gnanadesikan today asked the Centre to clarify in what capacity did BJP leader Subramanian Swamy visit Sri Lanka recently.
While welcoming dialogue with Sri Lanka to facilitate the post war rehabilitation and resettlement of Tamils there, the TNC chief wondered on what capacity the BJP leader had called on Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksha recently.
"The Central government must clarify. On what capacity did Subramanian Swamy go to Sri Lanka ? What is his status?" he said.
Gnanadesikan was speaking to reporters on the sidelines of birth anniversary celebrations of freedom fighter Sathyamurthi and Congress leader GK Moopanar at the party headquarters here.
Referring to the alleged arrest of five fishermen by Sri Lanka on "false" charges of possession of ganja, he said, when his party was in power at the Centre, such issues were taken up vigorously with the Rajapaksa regime and fishermen's release was facilitated.
"The NDA government should continue our work and get the innocent fishermen released," the chief said.
Last month, Chairman, BJP Committee for Strategic Action, Subramanian Swamy, during his visit to Sri Lanka, had said, "India would be far more supportive of Sri Lanka's position at the United Nations Human Rights Council than ever before."
It had led to criticism from certain quarters in Tamil Nadu.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Government To Launch 'Twitter Seva' To Address Public Grievances
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman