TN: Two Youths Arrested Over T-Shirts With ISIS Emblem
Two persons have been arrested in the case relating to the appearance of a group photo of some youths wearing T-shirts with ISIS emblem on a social networking site, a top police official today said.
Apart from Abdul Rahman, who was arrested on Sunday, Mohammed Rinwan, who allegedly arranged to supply the T-Shirts to the youths, was taken into custody last night.
Both youths have been remanded to judicial custody, Superintendent of Police Mayilvahanan told PTI.
A special team has been deputed to the knitting company at Khaderpet in Tiruppur that supplied the T-shirts, he said.
Police suspect that the T-shirts could have been supplied to other areas also.
The T-shirt supplier had been approached by a person based at Chennai, and he had also been interrogated, police said.
The photo, which appeared during Ramzan period, was taken in front of a mosque at Thondi in Ramanathapuram district.
Initial investigation had revealed that the person who took the photo had gone abroad and uploaded the picture on a social networking site.
- Agli Baar, Medal Beshumaar: PM Announces Task Force to Prepare India for Olympics
- France Top Court Suspends Burkini Ban
- Pak Regrets India's Rejection of 'Discuss Kashmir' Proposal
- Scorpene Data Leak Not a Big Worry: Parrikar
- Can't Order Establishment of 'Ram Rajya' in the Country: SC
- Haji Ali Dargah Should Allow Women, Says Bombay HC
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Whistleblower to Handover Scorpene Data Disk to Aus Govt: Newspaper
- Kanhaiya, Two Others Granted Regular Bail in Sedition Case
- Odisha Govt Admits Lapses, Man Says No Heed Paid by Hospital
- Are Decisions Taken by Cabinet Being Implemented, PM Seeks to Know
- AAP Removes Chhotepur as Punjab Convenor
- Cong Raking Up Needless Controversies for Political Gains: Naidu
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED