TN: Two Youths Arrested Over T-Shirts With ISIS Emblem
Two persons have been arrested in the case relating to the appearance of a group photo of some youths wearing T-shirts with ISIS emblem on a social networking site, a top police official today said.
Apart from Abdul Rahman, who was arrested on Sunday, Mohammed Rinwan, who allegedly arranged to supply the T-Shirts to the youths, was taken into custody last night.
Both youths have been remanded to judicial custody, Superintendent of Police Mayilvahanan told PTI.
A special team has been deputed to the knitting company at Khaderpet in Tiruppur that supplied the T-shirts, he said.
Police suspect that the T-shirts could have been supplied to other areas also.
The T-shirt supplier had been approached by a person based at Chennai, and he had also been interrogated, police said.
The photo, which appeared during Ramzan period, was taken in front of a mosque at Thondi in Ramanathapuram district.
Initial investigation had revealed that the person who took the photo had gone abroad and uploaded the picture on a social networking site.
- Burhan Wani's Successor Sabzar Bhat, Killed
- After Rahul, Akhilesh Denied Entry To Saharanpur
- WHO Confirms First Zika Cases From Ahmedabad
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10