TN: Two Youths Arrested Over T-Shirts With ISIS Emblem
Two persons have been arrested in the case relating to the appearance of a group photo of some youths wearing T-shirts with ISIS emblem on a social networking site, a top police official today said.
Apart from Abdul Rahman, who was arrested on Sunday, Mohammed Rinwan, who allegedly arranged to supply the T-Shirts to the youths, was taken into custody last night.
Both youths have been remanded to judicial custody, Superintendent of Police Mayilvahanan told PTI.
A special team has been deputed to the knitting company at Khaderpet in Tiruppur that supplied the T-shirts, he said.
Police suspect that the T-shirts could have been supplied to other areas also.
The T-shirt supplier had been approached by a person based at Chennai, and he had also been interrogated, police said.
The photo, which appeared during Ramzan period, was taken in front of a mosque at Thondi in Ramanathapuram district.
Initial investigation had revealed that the person who took the photo had gone abroad and uploaded the picture on a social networking site.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman