TN: SBI Opens 1.5 Lakh Accounts Under Jan Dhan Yojna
The country's largest public sector bank State Bank of India has opened over 1.50 lakh accounts under the Prime Minister's Jan Dhan Yojana scheme in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry.
During the campaign period, a record number of 1,50,189 accounts were opened against the targeted 1,25,400 bank accounts in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry, the bank said in a statement.
State Bank of India, Chennai Circle, Chief General Manager, P S Prakash Rao conducted 1,927 camps to open bank accounts and as many as 1,899 business correspondents were involved for this purpose.
About 2,369 villages and 628 financial inclusion link branches in Tamil Nadu were covered during the campaign, it said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had on August 28, launched the government's mega scheme 'Jan Dhan Yojana', declaring that it was aimed at eradicating financial untouchability by providing bank accounts to the poor.
A record 1.5 crore bank accounts were opened across the country that day, the largest such exercise on a single day, possibly anywhere in the world.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Gujarat ATS Arrests Two ISIS Suspects From Rajkot And Bhavnagar
- Army Examination Cancelled At 6 Centres After Question Papers Leak
- Tight Security In Haryana As Jats Observe 'Black Day'
- Some Students 'Fantasise' About Breaking India Under The Guise Of Freedom Of Speech, Says Kiren Rijiju
- Public Sector Banks May Go On A Strike On Feb 28
- Shiv Sena Our 'True Well Wisher', Say Winner Muslim Candidates
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan