TN: KV School Receives Threat Over Sanskrit Week Celebration
A Kendriya Vidyalaya school here has been provided police security after it received an anonymous letter today threatening that a bomb would be hurled inside if 'Sanskrit Week' celebrations are held.
"It is an anonymous letter and a probe is on. Adequate security has been deployed in the area," Deputy Commissioner of Police, St Thomas Mount, P Saravanan told PTI.
Following receipt of the letter, authorities of the school at Palavanthangal near the airport lodged a police complaint.
"If you celebrate Sanskrit week, a bomb will be hurled in your school," the letter signed by one "Dravidan", said.
Police said the name appeared to be fictitious.
The Central Board of Secondary Education in a circular had directed all schools under its ambit to celebrate Sanskrit Week between August 7 and 13.
It had said the objective was to provide an opportunity to schools, teachers and students to share their knowledge of Sanskrit and learn it from each other.
However, the move had evoked a strong reaction in Tamil Nadu, with Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, as also all other political parties, opposing it.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman