TN Govt Announces 'Amma Seeds' for Farmers
Continuing with its various welfare initiatives, the Tamil Nadu government today announced its decision to supply 'Amma' seeds to provide farmers and general public with quality seeds at reasonable price.
Making a suo motu statement in the Assembly, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa said the quality Amma Seeds would be available in the proposed Amma outlets across the state.
The government would set up Amma Seed Agency by coordinating government seed farms, seed production units and farmers, she said. "The agency will be set up with adequate staff at Rs 156.74 crore."
The quality seeds produced in these farms would be supplied as Amma seeds through Amma outlets at a reasonable price.
The announcement comes close on the heels of the government launching "Amma" Amudam Supermarkets, 'Amma Pharmacies' and subsidised 'Amma Salt' recently even as 'Amma Canteens' and 'Amma Mineral Water', both low-cost initiatives, have been well received by a large section of the people.
Jayalalithaa is popularly addressed as Amma (Mother) by her party workers and supporters.
Jayalalithaa also said 'Amma Farm Women Empowerment Programme' would be executed to provide training in farm inputs, water harvesting and post harvesting activities.
Around 770 farm women groups would be formed and loans and revolving fund will be made available to them, under this scheme.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan