TN: Four Kids Suffocate to Death in a Locked Car
In a freak tragedy, four children were found suffocated to death in a stationary car after its doors got locked, trapping them.
Two girls, aged ten and eight, and two boys, both aged four, were found dead in the car, one of several vehicles seized by a bank for default in loan repayment and kept at a yard in Vedanatham near here, police said.
The children had come to the place for a temple function along with their parents and were playing in a nearby area.
"They were playing in the vicinity and had later got into a car. It seems the car's doors got locked automatically. They suffocated to death," a police official said adding further investigation was on.
When the parents searched for the children, they were directed to the yard by some persons, who had earlier seen them going towards the yard, police said.
District Superintendent of Police M Durai said post-mortem confirmed the children died due to suffocation.
Although the open yard was fenced, it has some openings making it easy for children to gain entry and play.
"The children have gone to the yard area to play early morning today. Unfortunately, the kids who got into the car were unaware of unlocking and opening the car's doors," he told PTI.
The victims were trapped in the car for several hours before they died, he said.
Asked on the probability of negligence in the incident, he said,"a probe is now on and based on the findings we will go ahead."
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Hafiz Saeed A Serious Threat To Nation: Pak's Defence Minister
- CBI Searches Former Chief A.P. Singh's Residence
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Terrorists Attack Near Pakistan Court, Casualties Feared
- BSF Foils Infiltration Bid Along LoC, Militant Killed
- Sensex Climbs Up 65 Points in Early Trade
- Swear by 'Ganga Maiyya' on Power Supply Issue: Akhilesh to PM
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- Publisher Cancels Right-Wing Provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos' Book Dangerous
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Wary Of Indian Space-Tech, China Plans On Fast-Tracking Its Rocket Launches
- 'He Would Put His Fingers Inside Me, Move My Leg Around': US Gymnasts Accuse Former Team Doctor
- Stockholm-Based Think-Tank Says India Was The World's Largest Arms Importer In The Past Five Years
- Woman Allegedly Raped Near South Delhi's Hauz Khas Village