TN: Four Kids Suffocate to Death in a Locked Car
In a freak tragedy, four children were found suffocated to death in a stationary car after its doors got locked, trapping them.
Two girls, aged ten and eight, and two boys, both aged four, were found dead in the car, one of several vehicles seized by a bank for default in loan repayment and kept at a yard in Vedanatham near here, police said.
The children had come to the place for a temple function along with their parents and were playing in a nearby area.
"They were playing in the vicinity and had later got into a car. It seems the car's doors got locked automatically. They suffocated to death," a police official said adding further investigation was on.
When the parents searched for the children, they were directed to the yard by some persons, who had earlier seen them going towards the yard, police said.
District Superintendent of Police M Durai said post-mortem confirmed the children died due to suffocation.
Although the open yard was fenced, it has some openings making it easy for children to gain entry and play.
"The children have gone to the yard area to play early morning today. Unfortunately, the kids who got into the car were unaware of unlocking and opening the car's doors," he told PTI.
The victims were trapped in the car for several hours before they died, he said.
Asked on the probability of negligence in the incident, he said,"a probe is now on and based on the findings we will go ahead."
- Absconding UP BJP Leader Dayashankar Singh Arrested From Bihar
- Gurgaon: Thousands Stranded on NH-8 Due to Waterlogging, Heavy Rains
- Govt Lists GST Bill For Consideration in Rajya Sabha
- One San Diego Cop Killed, Another Wounded in Shooting: Police
- Curfew, Restrictions Re-Imposed in Kashmir
- Indian National Not Executed in Indonesia: Swaraj
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Mallya Fails to Appear Before PMLA Court, ED to Initiate Attachment of Assets
- Swamy Attacks Rajan for 'Dip' in MSME Growth
- India Should Hit Back at Pakistan for Terror: BJP MP
- Give Slaughter House Licences to 'Unemployed' Opposition: BJP MP
- Pune: Nine Killed As Slab of Under-Construction Tower Caves in
- Two Million Using Free Wi-Fi at Railway Stations in India: Pichai
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED