TN: Four Kids Suffocate to Death in a Locked Car
In a freak tragedy, four children were found suffocated to death in a stationary car after its doors got locked, trapping them.
Two girls, aged ten and eight, and two boys, both aged four, were found dead in the car, one of several vehicles seized by a bank for default in loan repayment and kept at a yard in Vedanatham near here, police said.
The children had come to the place for a temple function along with their parents and were playing in a nearby area.
"They were playing in the vicinity and had later got into a car. It seems the car's doors got locked automatically. They suffocated to death," a police official said adding further investigation was on.
When the parents searched for the children, they were directed to the yard by some persons, who had earlier seen them going towards the yard, police said.
District Superintendent of Police M Durai said post-mortem confirmed the children died due to suffocation.
Although the open yard was fenced, it has some openings making it easy for children to gain entry and play.
"The children have gone to the yard area to play early morning today. Unfortunately, the kids who got into the car were unaware of unlocking and opening the car's doors," he told PTI.
The victims were trapped in the car for several hours before they died, he said.
Asked on the probability of negligence in the incident, he said,"a probe is now on and based on the findings we will go ahead."
- Indian Origin Punjabi Bus Driver Burnt to Death in Australia
- SC Dismisses Petition, Says Armed Forces Answerable To Government
- Fifteen Pakistan Rangers Killed In BSF's Retaliatory Fire In The Past Week
- Judges Selection: SC Slams Centre for Bringing Courts to a Grinding Halt
- US Charges 61 People in Multi-Million Dollar Indian Call Center Scam
- Pak Violates Ceasefire Along LoC in Jammu, Rajouri, Kathua, Girl Injured
- Daily Curator: While India Plays Spy-Spy With Pakistan, China Issues Gentle Reminder
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- India Third in Terror Deaths After ISIS-Boko Haram Areas: SC Told
- War No Option, Pak Should Take Initiative for Peace: Mehbooba
- Pak Army Says No Soldiers Killed in Firing at Border
- DND Flyway onnecting Noida to Delhi to Remain Toll Free: SC
- Swamy Asks PM to Form Multi-Agency SIT to Probe Tatas
- Northern Ireland Rejects Brexit Court Challenge
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED