TN CM Presents Cash Rewards to CWG medallists
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa today honoured Glasgow Commonwealth Games medalists from the state with cash rewards.
Jayalalithaa presented cheques for Rs 50 lakh each to gold medallists Sathiskumar Sivalingam (weightlifting), Joshana Chinnappa and Dipika Pallikal (both squash), at the Secretariat here, an official release said.
Sivalingam hailing from Vellore won the men's 77 kg weightlifting title, while Pallikal and Chinnappa won the women's doubles crown for India's first ever squash medal at the Commonwealth Games.
She also presented cash awards of Rs 30 lakh each, to Achanta Sharath Kamal and Anthony Amalraj, who won silver in men's doubles table tennis event, and Rupinder Pal Singh and Srijeesh Raveendran, who were part of the silver winning men's hockey team
While congratulating the winners, Jayalalithaa said, "you have brought glory and pride for the state of Tamil Nadu and for the country. I wish you all greater and greater success."
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- BMC: Congress’s Gurudas Kamat Opposes Tie Up With Shiv Sena
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman