TN CM Presents Cash Rewards to CWG medallists
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa today honoured Glasgow Commonwealth Games medalists from the state with cash rewards.
Jayalalithaa presented cheques for Rs 50 lakh each to gold medallists Sathiskumar Sivalingam (weightlifting), Joshana Chinnappa and Dipika Pallikal (both squash), at the Secretariat here, an official release said.
Sivalingam hailing from Vellore won the men's 77 kg weightlifting title, while Pallikal and Chinnappa won the women's doubles crown for India's first ever squash medal at the Commonwealth Games.
She also presented cash awards of Rs 30 lakh each, to Achanta Sharath Kamal and Anthony Amalraj, who won silver in men's doubles table tennis event, and Rupinder Pal Singh and Srijeesh Raveendran, who were part of the silver winning men's hockey team
While congratulating the winners, Jayalalithaa said, "you have brought glory and pride for the state of Tamil Nadu and for the country. I wish you all greater and greater success."
- Burhan Wani's Successor Sabzar Bhat, Killed
- After Rahul, Akhilesh Denied Entry To Saharanpur
- WHO Confirms First Zika Cases From Ahmedabad
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10