TMC Leader Shot Dead in Birbhum by Unidentified Men
A Trinamool Congress leader was shot dead by unidentified men late tonight in West Bengal's Birbhum district.
Birbhum Superintendent of Police (SP) Alok Rajoria said that Ashok Mukherjee, former Trinamool Congress president of Khairasole block committee, was shot dead by unidentified men at Panchra village around 10 pm.
Miscreants shot at him from close range when Mukherjee went to a shop near his house to buy some items, the SP said.
Eyewitnesses said around 9.45 pm four miscreants came in two motorbikes and shot at Mukherjee and he slumped to the ground.
On August 12 last year, another TMC leader, Ashok Ghosh, was shot dead and the family members had lodged complaint with the police naming Mukherjee as the main accused.
- One Dead, Two Injured in Germany Machete Attack: Police
- Nepal in Fresh Political Turmoil as PM Oli Resigns
- Want Emotional Relationship With People of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Wrestler Narsingh Fails Dope Test, Rio Participation Doubtful
- Toll in Kashmir Unrest Climbs to 47, Curfew Continues in Five Districts
- AAP MLA Arrested for Trying to Murder Woman His House in Southeast Delhi
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Boris Johnson Claims India Owes UK Multi-Million Pounds
- India's First Green Rail Corridor Launched in TN
- Munich Gunman Planned Attack for a Year, Chose Victims Randomly
- Dancing, Drugs, Extremism: Multiple Lives of Nice Attacker
- Young Woman, Son Crushed to Death in WB, Mob Erupts in Violence
- IOC Decides Against Blanket Doping Ban for Russia
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED