TMC Leader Shot Dead in Birbhum by Unidentified Men
A Trinamool Congress leader was shot dead by unidentified men late tonight in West Bengal's Birbhum district.
Birbhum Superintendent of Police (SP) Alok Rajoria said that Ashok Mukherjee, former Trinamool Congress president of Khairasole block committee, was shot dead by unidentified men at Panchra village around 10 pm.
Miscreants shot at him from close range when Mukherjee went to a shop near his house to buy some items, the SP said.
Eyewitnesses said around 9.45 pm four miscreants came in two motorbikes and shot at Mukherjee and he slumped to the ground.
On August 12 last year, another TMC leader, Ashok Ghosh, was shot dead and the family members had lodged complaint with the police naming Mukherjee as the main accused.
- Burhan Wani's Successor Sabzar Bhat, Killed
- After Rahul, Akhilesh Denied Entry To Saharanpur
- WHO Confirms First Zika Cases From Ahmedabad
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10