Three Youths Held for Raping Minor Sisters in Ghaziabad
Three youths were today arrested for allegedly gangraping two minor sisters here, police said.
The accused-- Nafees, Bablu Chaudhary and Sandeep Chaudhary-- have been arrested and sent to jail, said Indira Puram police station officer Hari Dayal Singh Yadav.
He said after the interrogation of main accused Nafees, it has been learnt that three men were involved in the crime and not four, as it was earlier believed.
Medical examinations of both the victims were conducted at a government hospital, he said, adding that the reports of the tests have been kept confidential.
A Magistrate has recorded the statements of both the girls under Section 164 Criminal Procedure Code, police said.
According to an FIR lodged by the father of the girls, his four daughters went missing on August 20 as they did not return from their school in Indira Puram area here, police had said.
However, family's neighbour Rehmat Saifai saw two of the daughters on Thursday and brought them back to their residence, while the other two returned on their own by evening.
Narrating their ordeal, the daughters said their neighbour Nafees met them along with his friends when they were on their way back from school in Kondli. He then lured them into coming with him.
Later, the accused gave two of the girls, aged between 10 and 13, sleeping pills and made them sleep in another room.
The elder daughters, aged between 15 and 16, were then gangraped by the men after giving them sedative-laced drinks, police said.
Meanwhile, Member of State Commission for Women Rajdevi Chaudhary today visited the house of the victims and assured their parents of all possible help.
FROM OUTLOOKCrimeA series of shocking crimes that began the year seal Delhi's reputation as an anti-woman city...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionExtracted with permission from Rama Lakshmi's persmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESA 24-year-old MBA student was kidnapped and allegmore from WIRES>>>
- Sting Operation: BJP Lodges Complaint Against Odisha CM, BJD MLAs
- GDP Growth Slows Down to 7.1%, Lowest in 6 Quarters
- Bezwada Wilson, T.M. Krishna Receive Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Dhingra Committee Submits 182-Page Report on Haryana Land Deals
- Ola Drivers Gangrape 12-Yr-Old in Kolkata, Kill, Toss Her Body Into Canal
- Let the Late Russian's Family Keep London Silver: Yogeshwar
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Nobel Prize Winner Roger Tsien Dies, Helped Track Cells
- Discussed Wall Not Payment in Meeting With Mexican President: Trump
- Brazil's President Rousseff Ousted From Office by Senate
- Bring Poor, Weaker Sections to Party Fold, Modi Tells BJP's Rajya Sabha MPs
- At Nearly 43%, Muslims Have Highest Per Cent of Illiterates: Census
- Sensex Up 66 Points, Nifty Above 8,800 in Early Trade
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED