Three Youths Held for Raping Minor Sisters in Ghaziabad
Three youths were today arrested for allegedly gangraping two minor sisters here, police said.
The accused-- Nafees, Bablu Chaudhary and Sandeep Chaudhary-- have been arrested and sent to jail, said Indira Puram police station officer Hari Dayal Singh Yadav.
He said after the interrogation of main accused Nafees, it has been learnt that three men were involved in the crime and not four, as it was earlier believed.
Medical examinations of both the victims were conducted at a government hospital, he said, adding that the reports of the tests have been kept confidential.
A Magistrate has recorded the statements of both the girls under Section 164 Criminal Procedure Code, police said.
According to an FIR lodged by the father of the girls, his four daughters went missing on August 20 as they did not return from their school in Indira Puram area here, police had said.
However, family's neighbour Rehmat Saifai saw two of the daughters on Thursday and brought them back to their residence, while the other two returned on their own by evening.
Narrating their ordeal, the daughters said their neighbour Nafees met them along with his friends when they were on their way back from school in Kondli. He then lured them into coming with him.
Later, the accused gave two of the girls, aged between 10 and 13, sleeping pills and made them sleep in another room.
The elder daughters, aged between 15 and 16, were then gangraped by the men after giving them sedative-laced drinks, police said.
Meanwhile, Member of State Commission for Women Rajdevi Chaudhary today visited the house of the victims and assured their parents of all possible help.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Sukhoi Fighter Jet Goes Missing Near Tezpur in Assam
- Ex-Congress MP Naveen Jindal Summoned As Accused In Coal-Scam Case
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10