Three Women Hurt in Clash With BSF Personnel in Tripura
Three women were injured when villagers clashed with Border Security Force (BSF) personnel at Adampur village in Sipahijala district today near the Indo-Bangla border, about 50 km from here, over erecting barbed wire fencing and installing flood lights there, police said.
Trouble started at around 8.30 AM when a group of workers and technicians of a construction company reached the area, the women of the village came out in groups opposing barbed wire fencing and flood lighting, Superintendent of Police (Police Control) Uttam Bhaumick said.
The BSF personnel from nearby border outpost (BOP) rushed to the spot and tried to pacify the women which turned into an altercation and then scuffle, the SP said.
The BSF personnel fired two rounds in the air to disperse the women gathered in the scene. Three women suffered minor injuries in the scuffle with BSF personnel and one of them was admitted to Boxanagar rural hospital, the SP added.
Bhaumick said the villagers were against erection of barbed wire fencing on the plea that their free movement would be interrupted as they live in the other side of the proposed fencing and the gate closes down after the sunset.
- CBSE Announces Class 12 Exam Results, Topper Scores 99.6%
- Curfew In Srinagar Day After Bhat Killed
- Police Reveal Photos Of Manchester Bomber
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10