Three Pak Soldiers, Two Militants Killed in Balochistan
At least three paramilitary soldiers and two militants were killed today in two separate incidents of violence in Pakistan's restive Balochistan province, officials said.
Unknown militants attacked the Frontier Corps convoy in Nasirabad area of Turbat district, killing two soldiers and injuring six others, said a security official.
In retaliatory fire, two militants were also killed while the others escaped.
The official said that additional force was called and manhunt launched to nab the attackers. The dead and injured were shifted to provincial capital Quetta.
Elsewhere, a soldier of Balochistan Constabulary was killed in Quetta when unknown gunmen targeted him.
A police official said that the victim was identified as Aziz Khan who died on the spot. The killers managed to escape after the crime.
No one claimed responsibility for the attack but mine-rich Balochistan has been facing an armed insurgency by nationalist Baloch groups who want control over the resources of the region. They often target the security forces in the province.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman