Three Pak Soldiers, Two Militants Killed in Balochistan
At least three paramilitary soldiers and two militants were killed today in two separate incidents of violence in Pakistan's restive Balochistan province, officials said.
Unknown militants attacked the Frontier Corps convoy in Nasirabad area of Turbat district, killing two soldiers and injuring six others, said a security official.
In retaliatory fire, two militants were also killed while the others escaped.
The official said that additional force was called and manhunt launched to nab the attackers. The dead and injured were shifted to provincial capital Quetta.
Elsewhere, a soldier of Balochistan Constabulary was killed in Quetta when unknown gunmen targeted him.
A police official said that the victim was identified as Aziz Khan who died on the spot. The killers managed to escape after the crime.
No one claimed responsibility for the attack but mine-rich Balochistan has been facing an armed insurgency by nationalist Baloch groups who want control over the resources of the region. They often target the security forces in the province.
FROM OUTLOOKDefenceWith service chiefs increasingly at the mercy of bureaucrats and dwindling budgets, the country's defence preparedness needs to...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionTom Engelhardt addresses the graduates of 2016 fromore from WEB>>>
FROM WIREST V Parasuram Washington, July 23 (PTI) Diffemore from WIRES>>>
- Pak Balochistan Province Assembly Resolution Condemns Modi
- Unity, Love Basic Mantras to Address Kashmir Problem: PM
- JNU Rape Case: Varsity Suspends Accused Scholar
- Curfew in Some Parts of Srinagar, Two Towns in South Kashmir
- Trump Vows to Begin Deportations Immediately If Sworn In
- Pak: LeJ Terrorists Involved in Lanka Cricket Team Attack Killed
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Cong, JD(U) Pick Holes in PM's 'Mann ki Baat'
- PM Hails ISRO for Successful Testing of Scramjet Rocket Engine
- SFIO Widens Mallya Probe, Former Top Bankers Under Scanner
- Mayawati Takes Fight to Mulayam's Turf, Slams SP, BJP
- Talks With Whosoever is Ready to Reject Violence: Mehbooba
- Mid-Air Horror as Engine Torn Apart, US Flight Diverted
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED