Three Pak Soldiers, Two Militants Killed in Balochistan
At least three paramilitary soldiers and two militants were killed today in two separate incidents of violence in Pakistan's restive Balochistan province, officials said.
Unknown militants attacked the Frontier Corps convoy in Nasirabad area of Turbat district, killing two soldiers and injuring six others, said a security official.
In retaliatory fire, two militants were also killed while the others escaped.
The official said that additional force was called and manhunt launched to nab the attackers. The dead and injured were shifted to provincial capital Quetta.
Elsewhere, a soldier of Balochistan Constabulary was killed in Quetta when unknown gunmen targeted him.
A police official said that the victim was identified as Aziz Khan who died on the spot. The killers managed to escape after the crime.
No one claimed responsibility for the attack but mine-rich Balochistan has been facing an armed insurgency by nationalist Baloch groups who want control over the resources of the region. They often target the security forces in the province.
- CBI Court to Frame Charges Against Advani, Others
- Cyclone Mora Hits B'desh, India On High Alert
- 'Had A Good Interaction,' Says PM Modi After Meeting German Chancellor Merkel
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10