Three Militants Killed, 54 Arrested in Raids by Egyptian Military
Three militants have been killed and 54 others arrested in raids conducted in North Sinai over the last three days, the Egyptian military said today.
Eight vehicles and 26 motorcycles belonging to militants were also destroyed during the raids, military spokesperson Mohamed Samir said.
The military destroyed 4 tunnels leading to Gaza that were used by terrorists to smuggle weapons, he said.
Another 122 illegal immigrants of different nationalities were also arrested, Samir said.
North Sinai has been the scene of many violent attacks by Islamist militants since the January 2011 revolution that toppled Hosni Mubarak.
The attacks targeting police and military have increased after the ouster of president Mohamed Morsi last year.
Many policemen and soldiers have been killed in the attacks.
The military conducts frequent security campaigns in the area, arrests suspects and demolishes houses that belong to terrorists, including tunnels leading to the Gaza Strip.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- Yeddyurappa Will Be BJP's CM Face In Karnataka: Shah
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10