Three Gadchiroli Policemen Receives Gallantry Medal
Three police personnel of Gadchiroli police were awarded with the President's Police Medal for Gallantry (PPMG) for their outstanding performance in service.
As many as 20 other policemen also received the Police Medal for Gallantry (PMG) at a programme held here yesterday.
The PPMG awardees, were Shagir Munir Sheikh, Shankar Godshelwar, both police nayaks and late Govinda Farkade.
State Home Minister R R Patil presented the medals and certificates to recipients at Independence Day programme held here at the collectorate.
Surekha Farkade, wife of Govinda Farkade, received the honour on behalf of her husband, who was killed in during an encounter.
MLA Namdeo Usendi, district collector Ranjeet Kumar, and other senior police and administrative officials also attended the programme.
FROM OUTLOOKProfileWriting apart, Jnanpith winner Mahasweta Devi is committed to the rehabilitation of tribals...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionI've got some habitsThat I can't explain~ Bob Dylamore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, Mar 19 (PTI) Noted Tamil writer D Jayakmore from WIRES>>>
- Ahead of Diwali, Govt Approves 2 Per Cent Hike in DA
- Need to Have a Relook on the Minority Tag Given to Muslims: Giriraj Singh
- Pakistan Condemns 'Manhandling' Of Staffer, Says Espionage Charges False
- No Regulation of Media in a Democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pak High Commission Staffer Asked to Leave India Within 48 Hrs
- SC Defers Hearing of Election Petition Against Sonia Gandhi
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Libya's Navy Says 90 Migrants Perished After Boat Fell Apart
- Ready to Sacrifice Myself for the Party: Amar Singh
- Neither Bua Nor Bhatija Can Improve Law and Order in UP: Amit Shah
- Pak Not to Attend Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster
- Twitter to Cut 9 Per Cent of Staff, Plots New Growth Strategy
- Ceasefire Violations, If Continues, Will Not Go Unpunished: Sharif Warns India
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED