Third Pro-Khalistani militant Arrested in Jammu
Jammu police today said another person was nabbed along with the two alleged pro-Khalistan terrorists arrested by Punjab Police after it busted a joint terror-module of Pakistan-based militant outfits here.
IGP (Jammu Zone) Rajesh Kumar said Swaran Singh was arrested along with Harpreet Singh and Karanjit Singh from Miran Sahib area in Jammu's R S Pura belt during raids by a team of Punjab police along with Jammu police yesterday.
Another person has been detained for brief questioning. A senior Punjab police official had yesterday said that two pro-Khalistan militants had been arrested from Jammu.
He had said "the terror module, funded and co-ordinated from Spain and United Kingdom, was a joint conspiracy of two Pakistan-based terrorist outfits - Khalistan Zindabad Force and Khalistan Liberation Force - to carry out attacks."
He claimed that the module was being controlled by KZF chief Ranjit Singh Neeta and KLF chief Harminder Singh Mintu and funded and co-ordinated by terrorist elements based in Spain and the UK.
A case has already been registered by Punjab Police in Bhogpur police station in Punjab's Jalandhar district.
According to Jammu police, the cops did not recover any weapons so far but have seized some Pakistani SIM cards, four mobile telephones and half a dozen local SIM cards from them.
The operation led by SSP Jalandhar (Rural) Narinder Bhargav was conducted by Punjab police in Jammu on revelation of a member of the module, who was arrested in Punjab recently when he was on his way to Jammu.
Police said the setting up of the terror module is being seen as a bid by Khalistani groups to revive militancy in Jammu and Punjab.
- Major Who Tied Civilian To Army Jeep, Awarded
- Indian Cabbie Abused And Assaulted In Australia
- Rawal Wants Arundhati Roy Tied To Army Jeep Instead Of Stone-Pelters
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10