Third Pro-Khalistani militant Arrested in Jammu
Jammu police today said another person was nabbed along with the two alleged pro-Khalistan terrorists arrested by Punjab Police after it busted a joint terror-module of Pakistan-based militant outfits here.
IGP (Jammu Zone) Rajesh Kumar said Swaran Singh was arrested along with Harpreet Singh and Karanjit Singh from Miran Sahib area in Jammu's R S Pura belt during raids by a team of Punjab police along with Jammu police yesterday.
Another person has been detained for brief questioning. A senior Punjab police official had yesterday said that two pro-Khalistan militants had been arrested from Jammu.
He had said "the terror module, funded and co-ordinated from Spain and United Kingdom, was a joint conspiracy of two Pakistan-based terrorist outfits - Khalistan Zindabad Force and Khalistan Liberation Force - to carry out attacks."
He claimed that the module was being controlled by KZF chief Ranjit Singh Neeta and KLF chief Harminder Singh Mintu and funded and co-ordinated by terrorist elements based in Spain and the UK.
A case has already been registered by Punjab Police in Bhogpur police station in Punjab's Jalandhar district.
According to Jammu police, the cops did not recover any weapons so far but have seized some Pakistani SIM cards, four mobile telephones and half a dozen local SIM cards from them.
The operation led by SSP Jalandhar (Rural) Narinder Bhargav was conducted by Punjab police in Jammu on revelation of a member of the module, who was arrested in Punjab recently when he was on his way to Jammu.
Police said the setting up of the terror module is being seen as a bid by Khalistani groups to revive militancy in Jammu and Punjab.
FROM OUTLOOKterrorismNot a Pak-Afghan-bred radical, the new Islamic warrior could be a regular American guy, swayed by Al Qaeda,...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionThe second half of the month of Ramzan witnessed amore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESIn a major clampdown on Islamic radical groups, jumore from WIRES>>>
- Seven Pak Rangers Killed, One Terrorist Shot Down in Retaliatory Firing at IB in Kathua: BSF
- IS Jihadists Attack Iraq's Kirkuk in Mosul Diversion, 16 Dead
- SC Tightens Noose Around BCCI, Chokes Funds to State Units
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- No Need for Comments After Varun's Clarification: BJP
- USA: Twitter, Spotify Disrupted as Internet Provider Reports Attack
- Sheena Bora Case: CBI Files Second Supplementary Charge Sheet
- Wipro Q2 Net Profit Dips 7.6% at Rs 2,070 Crore
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'