'There is No Red Tape, But Red Carpet for Investors in India'
Making a strong pitch for bringing Japanese investments into India, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today said there is no "red tape" but only "red carpet" for investors as the government has eased a lot of regulations.
Asserting that his government is working on development and increasing manufacturing activities, Modi said there cannot be a better place to make investments than India.
"I have come to assure you that there is no Red Tape but Red Carpet in India. We have eased off lot of regulations," Modi said.
Calling for a new history between the two countries on the economic front, the Prime Minister said India is the only place where one can find "democracy, demography and demand".
Modi, who was addressing Japanese investors at a seminar organised by the Japan External Trade Organisation (Jetro) and Nikkei here, also said that India guarantees democracy, safety, security and justice.
He told Japanese investors that India is a "god gifted location" for reaching out to global markets.
Referring to his government's 100 days in power, Modi said it has achieved what could not be achieved in the last two-and-a-half years.
The country's GDP grew 5.7 per cent in the April-June quarter, the highest in more than two years.
Modi said his government is ready to offer whatever is required to promote foreign investment into India.
"Without Japan, India is incomplete and without India, Japan is incomplete", he said.
According to him, the coming together of Japan's hardware skills and India's software expertise can create miracle.
- Seven Pak Rangers Killed, One Terrorist Shot Down in Retaliatory Firing at IB in Kathua: BSF
- IS Jihadists Attack Iraq's Kirkuk in Mosul Diversion, 16 Dead
- SC Tightens Noose Around BCCI, Chokes Funds to State Units
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- No Need for Comments After Varun's Clarification: BJP
- USA: Twitter, Spotify Disrupted as Internet Provider Reports Attack
- Sheena Bora Case: CBI Files Second Supplementary Charge Sheet
- Wipro Q2 Net Profit Dips 7.6% at Rs 2,070 Crore
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'