'There is No Red Tape, But Red Carpet for Investors in India'
Making a strong pitch for bringing Japanese investments into India, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today said there is no "red tape" but only "red carpet" for investors as the government has eased a lot of regulations.
Asserting that his government is working on development and increasing manufacturing activities, Modi said there cannot be a better place to make investments than India.
"I have come to assure you that there is no Red Tape but Red Carpet in India. We have eased off lot of regulations," Modi said.
Calling for a new history between the two countries on the economic front, the Prime Minister said India is the only place where one can find "democracy, demography and demand".
Modi, who was addressing Japanese investors at a seminar organised by the Japan External Trade Organisation (Jetro) and Nikkei here, also said that India guarantees democracy, safety, security and justice.
He told Japanese investors that India is a "god gifted location" for reaching out to global markets.
Referring to his government's 100 days in power, Modi said it has achieved what could not be achieved in the last two-and-a-half years.
The country's GDP grew 5.7 per cent in the April-June quarter, the highest in more than two years.
Modi said his government is ready to offer whatever is required to promote foreign investment into India.
"Without Japan, India is incomplete and without India, Japan is incomplete", he said.
According to him, the coming together of Japan's hardware skills and India's software expertise can create miracle.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- DU Professor Injured in Violence Hospitalised
- Fire Breaks Out At The Times Of India Building In New Delhi
- Kerala CM Retracts His Remark Denying Conspiracy in Assault on Actress
- Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Amidst Tiff With Media
- Pakistan Rangers Kill 4, Detain Over 600 Terror Suspects In 200 Search Operations
- Maharashtra: Nearly 350 Students In Custody,18 Others Arrested After Army Recruitment Board Papers Leaked
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan