Tension in Muzaffarnagar After Mob Beats Up Youths
Tension prevailed after four students from a community were beaten up by a group of people in Jat colony here, sparking protests.
The trouble started when the four youths had gone for tuition classes in the colony last evening. A group of people allegedly attacked them claiming that they were indulging in eve-teasing, police said.
The boys were rescued by the police and were admitted to hospital.
Irate protesters laid a siege at a police station demanding action against those who had beaten up the boys.
Police have registered a case against 150 people for the violence and named three of them.
Superintendent of Police Sarvan Kumar told reporters here today that some people tried to block the road at Meenakshi Chowk here last evening but additional forces were rushed and the situation brought under control.
Security has been tightened and paramilitary personnel have been deployed in sensitive areas in Muzaffarnagar.
The western Uttar Pradesh district has witnessed a string of communal incidents since the riots in September last year that left over 60 people dead and hundreds of others displaced.
- CBSE Announces Class 12 Exam Results, Topper Scores 99.6%
- Curfew In Srinagar Day After Bhat Killed
- Police Reveal Photos Of Manchester Bomber
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10