Tension in Muzaffarnagar After Mob Beats Up Youths
Tension prevailed after four students from a community were beaten up by a group of people in Jat colony here, sparking protests.
The trouble started when the four youths had gone for tuition classes in the colony last evening. A group of people allegedly attacked them claiming that they were indulging in eve-teasing, police said.
The boys were rescued by the police and were admitted to hospital.
Irate protesters laid a siege at a police station demanding action against those who had beaten up the boys.
Police have registered a case against 150 people for the violence and named three of them.
Superintendent of Police Sarvan Kumar told reporters here today that some people tried to block the road at Meenakshi Chowk here last evening but additional forces were rushed and the situation brought under control.
Security has been tightened and paramilitary personnel have been deployed in sensitive areas in Muzaffarnagar.
The western Uttar Pradesh district has witnessed a string of communal incidents since the riots in September last year that left over 60 people dead and hundreds of others displaced.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman