Tension Grips Meerut Over Gangrape, Conversion of Woman
Tension gripped Meerut district's Kharkhauda and Atrada areas here as members of a particular communities attacked and pelted stones at the houses of members of another community last night, over the alleged gangrape and religious conversion of a 20-year-old woman here.
Police and Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) personnel have been deployed in the area to bring the situation under control.
According to Superintendent of Police (rural) Captain M S Begh, the 20-year-old woman's father had lodged a complaint last night in Kharkhauda police station against Village Pradhan Nawab Khan, cleric Sallaullah, his wife and daughter Nishant for abduction and rape.
The complainant alleged that Nawab along with five others abducted his daughter on July 23 and took her to a Madrassa where they raped and illegally confined her. They also forcefully made her sign some papers related to religious conversion.
Begh said, the woman managed to escape and returned to her house on July 30 and narrated her ordeal to her parents.
He said the woman's medical examination has confirmed rape and cuts were found on her abdomen. He rejected media reports that the girl's kidney had been removed.
The woman's statement was recorded today and Kharkhauda police station in-charge has been sent to line for negligence of duty in the case, Begh said.
Meerut District magistrate Pankaj Yadav today said that Sallaullah, his wife and daughter have been arrested. Since the incident occurred in Hapud, he said the final decision post magisterial inquiry into the matter will be taken by Hapud district magistrate.
A magisterial enquiry into the incident will be conducted by Deputy District Collector S P Singh, who will submit a report within a week, District Magistrate (Hapud) Rajesh Kumar Singh said.
Meanwhile, BJP MP Rajesh Kumar Agarwal has said that if strict police action is not taken in the matter the party will take to the streets.
Several BJP workers today protested outside the Commissioner's office, led by party trader cell state chief Vineet Agarwal Sharda.
Sharda alleged that the police and state government are working under pressure of ruling SP leaders and said if culprits are not brought to book, all the traders in the state will go on strike.
- Major Who Tied Civilian To Army Jeep, Awarded
- Indian Cabbie Abused And Assaulted In Australia
- Rawal Wants Arundhati Roy Tied To Army Jeep Instead Of Stone-Pelters
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10