Telecom Spectrum Allocation is Transparent: Govt
Government today said its policy on telecom spectrum sharing, trading and allocation was transparent and there was no decline in the revenue collection through levying of spectrum charges.
"Our policy on spectrum sharing, trading and allocation is transparent," Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said in Lok Sabha.
Prasad said Rs 17,756.71 crore revenue was collected by the government as spectrum usage charge between 2011-14 while Rs 19,989.43 crore was generated through auction of spectrum between 2012-14.
"There is no decline in the revenue collection through levying of spectrum charges," he said during Question Hour.
The Minister said revenue receipts for 2014-15 will be generated from auction of spectrum in 800MHz, 900 MHz and 1800 MHz bands and from annual spectrum usage charges.
He said regulation of tariff is within the domain of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India and at present, tariff for telecom mobile service is under forbearance.
"The tariff is determined by the service providers based on several factors, including input costs, market conditions and other commercial considerations. Any change in the said factors may get reflected in the tariff for mobile services," he said.
Prasad said TRAI has provided recommendations on July 21, 2014 on guidelines on spectrum sharing and it has recommended the sharing of access spectrum in the bands of 800MHz, 900MHz, 1800MHz, 2100 MHz, 2300 MHz and 2500 MHz provided that both the licencees are having spectrum in the same band.
The Minister said TRAI in its recommendations on guidelines on spectrum sharing has mentioned that spectrum sharing results in additional quality of spectrum with both the licencees to serve higher number of consumers in a service area. Spectrum sharing also provides an opportunity to the licencees to pool their spectrum holdings to enhance spectral efficiency," he said.
- Pak Will Give Befitting Response to Any Misadventure: Raheel
- Shahabuddin Surrenders, Says CM Will be 'Taught a Lesson'
- Sri Lanka Becomes Fifth Nation to Pull Out of SAARC
- SC Cancels RJD Leader Shahabuddin's Bail, Sends Him Back to Jail
- Surgical Strikes by India in PoK an Act of Self Defence: Afghanistan
- Bihar Liquor Prohibition Law Illegal, Rules Patna High Court
- Denzel Washington's 'FENCES' Trailer Promises Oscar Contenders
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Will Tell India What Is Real Surgical Strike: Saeed
- Telcos Meet TRAI, Allege Tariff Order Violation by RJio
- Surgical Strike: South Korea Supports India's Stance
- Court Issues NBW Against Dawood Ibrahim, Chhota Shakeel
- 10 Killed, 29 Missing in Typhoon Megi in China
- Philippine Prez Duterte 'Happy to Slaughter' Drug Suspects, Mentions Hitler
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED