Telecom Spectrum Allocation is Transparent: Govt
Government today said its policy on telecom spectrum sharing, trading and allocation was transparent and there was no decline in the revenue collection through levying of spectrum charges.
"Our policy on spectrum sharing, trading and allocation is transparent," Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said in Lok Sabha.
Prasad said Rs 17,756.71 crore revenue was collected by the government as spectrum usage charge between 2011-14 while Rs 19,989.43 crore was generated through auction of spectrum between 2012-14.
"There is no decline in the revenue collection through levying of spectrum charges," he said during Question Hour.
The Minister said revenue receipts for 2014-15 will be generated from auction of spectrum in 800MHz, 900 MHz and 1800 MHz bands and from annual spectrum usage charges.
He said regulation of tariff is within the domain of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India and at present, tariff for telecom mobile service is under forbearance.
"The tariff is determined by the service providers based on several factors, including input costs, market conditions and other commercial considerations. Any change in the said factors may get reflected in the tariff for mobile services," he said.
Prasad said TRAI has provided recommendations on July 21, 2014 on guidelines on spectrum sharing and it has recommended the sharing of access spectrum in the bands of 800MHz, 900MHz, 1800MHz, 2100 MHz, 2300 MHz and 2500 MHz provided that both the licencees are having spectrum in the same band.
The Minister said TRAI in its recommendations on guidelines on spectrum sharing has mentioned that spectrum sharing results in additional quality of spectrum with both the licencees to serve higher number of consumers in a service area. Spectrum sharing also provides an opportunity to the licencees to pool their spectrum holdings to enhance spectral efficiency," he said.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- Yeddyurappa Will Be BJP's CM Face In Karnataka: Shah
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10