Telangana: BJP Accuses TRS of Indulging in 'Goebbels Campaign'
The BJP in Telangana has accused the ruling TRS of indulging in a "Goebbels campaign" against the the saffron party in the run-up to the Medak Lok Sabha bypolls in the state.
Objecting to the TRS leaders' allegation against BJP candidate T Jayaprakash Reddy that he was an "integrationist" (who was against bifurcation of AP), state BJP president G Kishan Reddy questioned why TRS admitted leaders who came from parties known to be against division of AP.
"You should explain, on what criteria you are admitting MLAs who won on the agenda of "integration." Is it one rule for you and another for others? You are now friendly with MIM. Did Majlis speak in favour of separate Telangana any day? Why are you seeking the support of CPI(M) (in Medak bypoll) which had been consistently against bifurcation?" he told reporters.
His comments came in the mid of an ongoing war of words between TRS and BJP-TDP combine ahead of the Medak bypolls scheduled for September 13.
The bypoll was necessitated after TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao vacated the seat on becoming the Chief Minister. BJP sprang a surprise by fielding Jayaprakash Reddy, who was a Congress MLA from 2009 to 2014.
TRS, seeking to retain the Medak seat vacated by its chief, has nominated K Prabhakar Reddy. The main Opposition Congress is trying to regain its prestige by winning the Medak seat. Former minister V Sunita Laxma Reddy is in the fray on its ticket.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman