Telangana: BJP Accuses TRS of Indulging in 'Goebbels Campaign'
The BJP in Telangana has accused the ruling TRS of indulging in a "Goebbels campaign" against the the saffron party in the run-up to the Medak Lok Sabha bypolls in the state.
Objecting to the TRS leaders' allegation against BJP candidate T Jayaprakash Reddy that he was an "integrationist" (who was against bifurcation of AP), state BJP president G Kishan Reddy questioned why TRS admitted leaders who came from parties known to be against division of AP.
"You should explain, on what criteria you are admitting MLAs who won on the agenda of "integration." Is it one rule for you and another for others? You are now friendly with MIM. Did Majlis speak in favour of separate Telangana any day? Why are you seeking the support of CPI(M) (in Medak bypoll) which had been consistently against bifurcation?" he told reporters.
His comments came in the mid of an ongoing war of words between TRS and BJP-TDP combine ahead of the Medak bypolls scheduled for September 13.
The bypoll was necessitated after TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao vacated the seat on becoming the Chief Minister. BJP sprang a surprise by fielding Jayaprakash Reddy, who was a Congress MLA from 2009 to 2014.
TRS, seeking to retain the Medak seat vacated by its chief, has nominated K Prabhakar Reddy. The main Opposition Congress is trying to regain its prestige by winning the Medak seat. Former minister V Sunita Laxma Reddy is in the fray on its ticket.
- CBSE Announces Class 12 Exam Results, Topper Scores 99.6%
- Curfew In Srinagar Day After Bhat Killed
- Police Reveal Photos Of Manchester Bomber
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10