Techie Murder: Two More Hindu Rashtra Sena Men Held
Two more persons have been arrested in connection with last week's killing of an IT professional at suburban Hadapsar which witnessed violence in the wake of Facebook posts denigrating Shivaji and Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray, police said today.
Both the accused arrested last night are affiliated to the Hindu Rashtra Sena (HRS), suspected of involvement in the murder of 28-year-old Mohasin Shaikh, who was bludgeoned to death by a mob that went on a rampage following the detection on May 31 of controversial images on Facebook posted by unknown persons, an official from Hadapsar police station said.
With the fresh arrests, the number of HRS activists booked for the fatal attack on Shaikh stands at 19.
HRS chief Dhananjay Desai too was arrested on charges of distributing inflammatory literature detrimental to social harmony and his role in the June 2 mob violence was being investigated, police said.
Meanwhile, tension prevailed in parts of the city last night after another Facebook post which reportedly contained derogatory references against a prominent national figure surfaced on the social networking site, leading to protests by Republican Party of India activists, city police said.
A few buses were also damaged in stone pelting even as swift action by police brought the situation under control, Pune Municipal Corporation sources said.
The overall situation in the city and suburbs was peaceful and fully under control, police control room said.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Gujarat ATS Arrests Two ISIS Suspects From Rajkot And Bhavnagar
- Army Examination Cancelled At 6 Centres After Question Papers Leak
- Tight Security In Haryana As Jats Observe 'Black Day'
- Some Students 'Fantasise' About Breaking India Under The Guise Of Freedom Of Speech, Says Kiren Rijiju
- Public Sector Banks May Go On A Strike On Feb 28
- Shiv Sena Our 'True Well Wisher', Say Winner Muslim Candidates
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan