Techie Murder: Repercussions to Post Natural, Says BJP MP
BJP MP from Pune, where a techie was bludgeoned to death on Monday allegedly by members of a Hindutva outfit, today created controversy when he said that some repercussions to the Facebook post derogatory of Shivaji and Bal Thackeray was "natural".
"What appeared on Facebook was very painful. Some amount of repercussions was natural," Anil Shirole told reporters outside Parliament.
The trigger for the attack on Shaikh Mohasin Sadiq (28) was apparently uploading of derogatory pictures of warrior king Shivaji and late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray on Facebook by unknown persons, which also led to a protest bandh on Sunday.
At least seven persons who are said to be linked to Hindu Rashtra Sena have been arrested in this connection.
When asked for comments on the involvement of Hindu Rashtra Sena, the BJP MP said, "We will have to find out who are all involved in the matter. Police is probing".
He said Pune is a peaceable city and BJP workers are working to maintain peace in the town.
Sadiq worked in the IT department of a textile firm in Pune. He was thrashed with sticks at Bankar Colony by the accused and succumbed to his injuries during treatment at a hospital, police said.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 2 Indians Die Every Minute Due to Air Pollution: Study
- Soon, Passport Can Be Applied At Post Offices
- NGT Slaps Rs 10Lakh Fine On Noida-Based Water Bottling Unit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Jet Airways Restores Contact With ATC After German Authorites Send Fighter Jets for Fear Of Hijack
- 61.16 Per Cent Turnout in UP Phase-3: Polling Peaceful
- People Will Take Revenge on BJP For Note Ban: Rahul, Akhilesh
- Ravi Shankar Prasad Dares Congress, SP, BSP to Clarify Stand on Triple Talaq
- UP Polls: Over 55 Per Cent Turnout Till 4 PM
- Mulayam Clarifies No Rift In SP, Confident Akhilesh Will Be CM
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Watch: Delhi College Guard Brutally Beats Street Dog To Death, Case Registered After Video Goes Viral
- Modi Promised 'Acche Din' Like SRK In DDLJ, Ended Up Being Sholay's Gabbar, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Pakistan Senate Passes Landmark Hindu Marriage Bill
- Bangladesh Bans Irrfan Khan Starrer Biopic No Bed of Roses