Techie Murder: Repercussions to Post Natural, Says BJP MP
BJP MP from Pune, where a techie was bludgeoned to death on Monday allegedly by members of a Hindutva outfit, today created controversy when he said that some repercussions to the Facebook post derogatory of Shivaji and Bal Thackeray was "natural".
"What appeared on Facebook was very painful. Some amount of repercussions was natural," Anil Shirole told reporters outside Parliament.
The trigger for the attack on Shaikh Mohasin Sadiq (28) was apparently uploading of derogatory pictures of warrior king Shivaji and late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray on Facebook by unknown persons, which also led to a protest bandh on Sunday.
At least seven persons who are said to be linked to Hindu Rashtra Sena have been arrested in this connection.
When asked for comments on the involvement of Hindu Rashtra Sena, the BJP MP said, "We will have to find out who are all involved in the matter. Police is probing".
He said Pune is a peaceable city and BJP workers are working to maintain peace in the town.
Sadiq worked in the IT department of a textile firm in Pune. He was thrashed with sticks at Bankar Colony by the accused and succumbed to his injuries during treatment at a hospital, police said.
- Can't Allow Lives of Muslim Women to be Ruined by Triple Talaq: PM
- Militants Open Fire at Manipur CM's Helicopter, He Escapes Unhurt
- Women to be Granted Access to Haji Ali Shrine on Par With Men: Dargah Trust to SC
- Let Netaji Install a CM Who He Feels is Honest: Akhilesh
- BSF Jawan, Six-Yr-Old Boy Killed in Pak Firing in J&K
- Govt Plans to Further Liberalize Visa Regime to Boost Tourism: Swaraj
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Seven Killed, 94 Injured in Massive Explosion in China
- Centre 'Politicising' Triple Talaq Issue to Polarise Hindu Votes: Muslim Women Org
- CBI Shielding Tytler in 1984 Anti-Sikh Riots Case, Alleges AAP
- Aircel-Maxis Case: Kalanithi Denies CBI Claim of Pressurising Telecom Promoter
- China Warns US Against Meddling After Envoy's Arunachal Trip
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali on September 29 After Surgical Strikes: PM
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Ratan Tata: 'I Think Everybody Knows Where The Intolerance Is Coming From...'
- Now, Adult Film Star Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Not Just a Business Partner, But an Ally Who Stood By India in its Darkest Hours: Russia
- Scenes With Ranbir in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Not Frivolous Sensuality: Aishwarya
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'