Techie Murder: Repercussions to Post Natural, Says BJP MP
BJP MP from Pune, where a techie was bludgeoned to death on Monday allegedly by members of a Hindutva outfit, today created controversy when he said that some repercussions to the Facebook post derogatory of Shivaji and Bal Thackeray was "natural".
"What appeared on Facebook was very painful. Some amount of repercussions was natural," Anil Shirole told reporters outside Parliament.
The trigger for the attack on Shaikh Mohasin Sadiq (28) was apparently uploading of derogatory pictures of warrior king Shivaji and late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray on Facebook by unknown persons, which also led to a protest bandh on Sunday.
At least seven persons who are said to be linked to Hindu Rashtra Sena have been arrested in this connection.
When asked for comments on the involvement of Hindu Rashtra Sena, the BJP MP said, "We will have to find out who are all involved in the matter. Police is probing".
He said Pune is a peaceable city and BJP workers are working to maintain peace in the town.
Sadiq worked in the IT department of a textile firm in Pune. He was thrashed with sticks at Bankar Colony by the accused and succumbed to his injuries during treatment at a hospital, police said.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- K.P.S. Gill: The Man Who Won The Terror Battle In Punjab
- K.P.S. Gill Ruled Indian Hockey With An Iron Fist
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10