Teacher Thrashes Six-Year-Old For Failing to Draw Water Tub
A teacher at a private school here was arrested today for allegedly subjecting a six-year-old student to a severe thrashing, police said here.
Akshay, a lower kindergarten student at Krishna Public School, Pratap Vihar, has contusions to his back and hips after he was allegedly caned ruthlessly yesterday by the accused teacher, Jyotsna.
The teacher has been booked under Section 323 of IPC (voluntarily causing hurt) and Section 23 (cruelty to juvenile or child, a cognisable offence) of Uttar Pradesh Bal Sanrakshan Adhiniyam, said Vijay Nagar SHO Arun Kumar.
Rekha Kashyap, the boy's paternal aunt and a teacher herself, claimed that the accused teacher hit her nephew after he failed to draw a water tub as asked by her.
She first caned Akshay with a wooden ruler and, after that broke, used an iron ruler to beat the child, Kashyap claimed, adding that the teacher also made the six-year-old stand with his arms raised in punishment during the recess hour.
Akshay was not even allowed to take his lunch and water during the break, she charged. She alleged that even after the lunch break, the teacher beat Akshay mercilessly.
When the child started screaming in pain, the teacher allegedly gagged him with a handkerchief, following which he fell unconscious, Kashyap further alleged.
The alleged case of the teacher thrashing the kindergarten student came to light yesterday.
According to media reports, the boy's mother has claimed that her son fainted in the classroom following the beating he received at the hands of the teacher.
- Congress Derails RS Proceedings Over Private Member Bill on AP
- Supreme Court Allows Abortion of 24-Week Old Foetus
- Two Killed, 17 Injured in Florida Nightclub Shooting Rampage
- SC Notice to Vijay Mallya on Petition of Consortium of Banks
- Sidhu Blasts BJP, Doesn't Say If He Is Joining AAP
- Chinkara Case: Rajasthan High Court Acquits Salman Khan
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Kejriwal Assails BJP Over Sidhu's Remark
- Parsi Population Dips by 22% Between 2001-2011
- AAP Failed on Women Security Front, Kejriwal Should Resign: BJP
- Wrestler Narsingh Yadav 'Framed', Says Congress Leader
- NIA Files Chargesheet Against Three Men With Alleged ISIS Links
- Not Liable to Repay Rs 6000 Cr Debt Due to Breach of Terms: KFA
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED