Teacher Thrashes Six-Year-Old For Failing to Draw Water Tub
A teacher at a private school here was arrested today for allegedly subjecting a six-year-old student to a severe thrashing, police said here.
Akshay, a lower kindergarten student at Krishna Public School, Pratap Vihar, has contusions to his back and hips after he was allegedly caned ruthlessly yesterday by the accused teacher, Jyotsna.
The teacher has been booked under Section 323 of IPC (voluntarily causing hurt) and Section 23 (cruelty to juvenile or child, a cognisable offence) of Uttar Pradesh Bal Sanrakshan Adhiniyam, said Vijay Nagar SHO Arun Kumar.
Rekha Kashyap, the boy's paternal aunt and a teacher herself, claimed that the accused teacher hit her nephew after he failed to draw a water tub as asked by her.
She first caned Akshay with a wooden ruler and, after that broke, used an iron ruler to beat the child, Kashyap claimed, adding that the teacher also made the six-year-old stand with his arms raised in punishment during the recess hour.
Akshay was not even allowed to take his lunch and water during the break, she charged. She alleged that even after the lunch break, the teacher beat Akshay mercilessly.
When the child started screaming in pain, the teacher allegedly gagged him with a handkerchief, following which he fell unconscious, Kashyap further alleged.
The alleged case of the teacher thrashing the kindergarten student came to light yesterday.
According to media reports, the boy's mother has claimed that her son fainted in the classroom following the beating he received at the hands of the teacher.
- No Explanation, No Opportunity to Defend Myself, Says Mistry in an Explosive Mail to Board Members
- Modi-Key Talks: NZ Assures 'Constructive' Approach on NSG Bid
- Akhilesh Briefs Governor Ram Naik on Political Situation in UP
- Former Karnataka CM B.S. Yeddyurappa Acquitted of Corruption Charges
- Manipuri Student's Body Found in JNU Hostel Room
- Paul Beatty Becomes the First American to Win Booker Prize
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Police Registers Assault Case Against AAP MLA Amantullah Khan
- PM Asks Officials to Analyze World Bank Report Which Ranked India 130th
- Cabinet May Consider Advancing Budget to Feb 1
- UNESCO Approves Resolution on Jerusalem That Israel Says Denies Judaism's Ties to Temple Mount
- 26/11: India Not Responding to Pak Request to Send Witnesses, Says Prosecution
- Pak Lawmakers Slam Cricketers for Doing Push-Ups After Match Win Instead of Praying
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED