Teacher Thrashes Six-Year-Old For Failing to Draw Water Tub
A teacher at a private school here was arrested today for allegedly subjecting a six-year-old student to a severe thrashing, police said here.
Akshay, a lower kindergarten student at Krishna Public School, Pratap Vihar, has contusions to his back and hips after he was allegedly caned ruthlessly yesterday by the accused teacher, Jyotsna.
The teacher has been booked under Section 323 of IPC (voluntarily causing hurt) and Section 23 (cruelty to juvenile or child, a cognisable offence) of Uttar Pradesh Bal Sanrakshan Adhiniyam, said Vijay Nagar SHO Arun Kumar.
Rekha Kashyap, the boy's paternal aunt and a teacher herself, claimed that the accused teacher hit her nephew after he failed to draw a water tub as asked by her.
She first caned Akshay with a wooden ruler and, after that broke, used an iron ruler to beat the child, Kashyap claimed, adding that the teacher also made the six-year-old stand with his arms raised in punishment during the recess hour.
Akshay was not even allowed to take his lunch and water during the break, she charged. She alleged that even after the lunch break, the teacher beat Akshay mercilessly.
When the child started screaming in pain, the teacher allegedly gagged him with a handkerchief, following which he fell unconscious, Kashyap further alleged.
The alleged case of the teacher thrashing the kindergarten student came to light yesterday.
According to media reports, the boy's mother has claimed that her son fainted in the classroom following the beating he received at the hands of the teacher.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Sukhoi Fighter Jet Goes Missing Near Tezpur in Assam
- Ex-Congress MP Naveen Jindal Summoned As Accused In Coal-Scam Case
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10