TCS Pledges Rs 100 Cr to PM's Clean India Initiative
Country's largest software services firm Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) today said it has pledged Rs 100 crore toward financing hygienic sanitation facilities for girl students across 10,000 schools.
TCS will earmark a budget of Rs 100 crore to be spent on this initiative, which will help children, especially girl students, to participate in school education for a longer period of time and play a larger economic role in their communities, TCS said in a statement.
"We firmly believe that achieving the mission of providing hygienic sanitation for girl students will have a tangible impact on the level of education achievement and development of India's next generation," TCS CEO and Managing Director N Chandrasekaran said.
Emphasising on the 'dignity of women', Prime Minister Narendra Modi had asked parliamentarians and corporate sector to help build separate toilets for girls in schools across the country by next year.
"I want to start one work from today. There should be a toilet in all the schools of our country. A separate toilet for girls...It is only then our girls will not have to quit schools," he had said during his Independence Day address to the nation.
He added that the corporate sector should give priority to building toilets in schools as part of their corporate social responsibility initiatives.
FROM OUTLOOKReviewA history of India’s largest IT employer is laden with unknown detail, with a dash of entrepreneurial wisdom...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionMr Ratan Tata, Chairman of the Tata Group of comore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESHTML clipboard In an unusually delayed disclosurmore from WIRES>>>
- PM Should Also be Suspended for 'Inviting ISI to Pathankot': Mann
- Patient Shoots Doctor at Berlin Hospital, Kills Self: Police
- Irom Sharmila to Call Off Hunger Strike After 16 Years
- Devas-Antrix Deal: India Loses Arbitration Case at the Hague
- Four Militants Killed, Another Apprehended in Kupwara
- Flipkart Acquires Jabong From Global Fashion Group
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- 'Pained' by Una Episode, Many Dalits Plan to Embrace Buddhism
- British PM May Calls Sharif to Discuss Ties
- Child Labour Bill a Missed Opportunity for Children: Satyarthi
- Govt Holds Meet With RSS Affiliates Over Key Economic Issues
- HC Seeks Centre's Report on Use of Pellet Guns in Kashmir
- Psychological Warfare on Social Media Our New Threat: Rathore
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED