Tata Partners With Snapdeal to Sell Houses Online
Tata Value Homes, a real estate firm focussed on affordable housing, has partnered with e-commerce major Snapdeal to sell houses through the online marketplace model.
As part of the partnership, about 1,000 homes across projects in cities like Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Chennai will be put up for sale on Snapdeal. Ranging from 1 BHK to 3 BHK, the houses are priced between Rs 18-70 lakh.
"According to reports, one in every two online real estate searches is to buy property and there is a USD 43 billion market opportunity here. We started selling homes through our own website last year in December and have already sold over 600 units. This partnership will help us take that to the next level," Tata Housing Development Company (THDC) Senior Vice President Marketing and Sales A Harikesh told reporters here.
Tata Value Homes, a subsidiary of Tata Housing Development Company, will continue to sell through its own portal as well.
Upon possession of the house, customers buying the house through Snapdeal will get Rs 10,000 per month for a year as an assured rent (whether they stay on premise or lease it out) as part of the deal.
Customers will have to register themselves on Snapdeal before making a booking, which opens on August 28.
"Details about the project and other things are shared on the website. Registered users can book a unit for Rs 30,000 and then our offline team takes over," he said. However, the booking amount is not refundable in case the customer does not buy the house.
"We already have close to 50,000 merchants on our board. I think real estate, as a category, will do well on our platform is because people trust our brand. We want to offer our customers the best deals," Snapdeal co-founder and CEO Kunal Bahl said.
Harikesh said the company also plans to launch new projects in Kolkata and Delhi-NCR before March 2015, which may also get added to the deal.
"We are looking at a long term association with Snapdeal. While the Rs 10,000 offer is valid for a week, we will continue to sell through them after that too. Units will get added as and when they come up," he added.
FROM OUTLOOKmumbaiIn the 'cosmopolis', a militant vegetarianism is a cloak for exclusion. How long before other schisms recur?...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBReal EstateThree days after cracking the whip on real estatemore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, Aug 7 (PTI) Nearly 80,000 forms were somore from WIRES>>>
- Pak Violates Ceasefire Twice in Kathua, Rajouri, Jawan Injured
- Twin Raids in Northern Iraq by Suicide Bombers, 16 Killed
- Don't Release Funds to State Till They Implement Lodha Panel Recommendations: SC Tells BCCI
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- Films, TV Potent Means to Improve Indo-Pak Ties: Digvijay
- Kabaddi Player Rohit Kumar Arrested in Wife's Suicide Case, Father Surrenders
- Irrigation Investment Essential to Boost Farm Output: Jaitley
- Army Foils Infiltration Bid Along LoC in Poonch
- Try to Bring Back Youths to Mainstream: Mehbooba to Police
- SC Asks Parsvnath to Hand Over Flat to MoS Rathore in Two Days
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'