Tata Getting Old and Suffering From Delusion: WB FM
West Bengal Finance Minister Amit Mitra today countered Ratan Tata's remarks on lack of industrialisation in the state saying he may be suffering from delusion and that was why he made such comments.
"Tata is getting old and suffering from delusion. I do not know why he cannot understand about what is happening," Mitra told reporters on the sidelines of a CII seminar here.
Chairman emeritus of Tata Sons Ratan Tata remarked yesterday "there are no signs of industrial development in West Bengal" at an interactive session organised by Ladies Study Group of Indian Chamber of Commerce.
Mitra said that Tata group firm TCS was creating additional 20,000 jobs here, while Anil Ambani group, Emami were both setting up cement plants in the state.
"Recently, another Tata group firm Tata Metaliks had written to the state seeking expansion of their existing unit," he said.
"Is he not update with the information and why is his own office not briefing him correctly," Mitra said.
"He has the hobby of flying planes and let him fly," he said.
FROM OUTLOOKBusiness & PoliticsThe FICCI-CII rallies have replaced grassroots ones. Is politics becoming a corporate playfield?...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBCII SpeechThe full text of the address by the Congress vicmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESIndustry today welcomed fresh stimulus measures anmore from WIRES>>>
- Whole of J&K Belongs to India: Swaraj on Sharif's 'Delusional Kashmir Dream'
- Kashmir: Congress Decides Not to Meet Rajnath Singh
- Declare Blackmoney by Sept 30 or Face Action: PM
- 80 Dead as IS Claims Twin Blasts During Kabul Protest
- Chennai: Search for Missing IAF Plane Intensified, Parrikar Conducts Aerial Survey
- 'Lone' Munich Shooter Kills Nine in Mall Rampage, Commits Suicide
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Drunk Driver Acted Like Suicidal Human Bomb, Says Court
- 225 Killed or Missing in China Rains, 2.5 Lakh People Trapped
- SE Asia Bloc Pushes for South China Sea Breakthrough
- India Bowl Out West Indies for 243, Take 323-Run Lead
- Brazil Police Arrest Man Suspected of Olympics Attack Plans
- WB: 17-Year-Old Hit by Broken Liquor Bottle During Argument, Dies
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED