Taliban Kill 4 Afghan Policemen in Attack in Southern Province
An Afghan official says Taliban fighters stormed a police checkpoint overnight in southern Helmand province, killing four policemen.
Deputy district Governor Mohammad Rassoul says the attack happened in Sangin district and that the Taliban have captured the checkpoint.
Rasssoul says the government forces are trying to retake the post and that clashes are underway at the location between Afghan police and the Taliban.
The attack took place as US Secretary of State John Kerry was in Kabul today for talks aimed at preventing the fragile country from collapsing into political chaos after disputed elections.
Kerry, who arrived the day before, is to urge two contenders from the presidential election runoff to accept results of an ongoing audit of all ballots and form a national unity government by early September.
- CBI Court to Frame Charges Against Advani, Others
- Cyclone Mora Hits B'desh, India On High Alert
- 'Had A Good Interaction,' Says PM Modi After Meeting German Chancellor Merkel
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10