Take Steps to Rebuild Ram Temple in Ayodhya: Swamy
BJP leader Subramanian Swamy has urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to initiate steps to rebuild the Ram Temple in Ayodhya by 2016 and fulfil the party's commitment to the electorate.
In a letter to Modi, he has suggested appointment of a former Chief Justice of India like S H Kapadia as the executor who may liaise with a designated minister like Gen V K Singh.
The designated minister, Swamy said, may issue notice to the hereditary supervisor of Babri Masjid asking him to formally withdraw his claim to the Ram Janmabhoomi and offer him an alternative site for a masjid to be built at public expense across the Saryu river.
The former Minister also suggested calling a meeting of Islamic clerics including from abroad and seek an endorsement and if it is not forthcoming then Government should move an enabling bill in the Parliament and get it passed.
He wants a Ram Temple rebuilding committee on the Somnath temple model.
- My Party and My Family Are United: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Tata-Mistry Tussle Heads to the Courts As Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC, NCLT
- Yashwant Sinha Led Delegation Meets Hurriyat Leader Geelani to Break Kashmir Impasse
- Six Members of a Family Injured in Pak Shelling in Jammu
- SC Directs Vijay Mallya to Disclose His Foreign Assets in Four Weeks
- Delhi: One Person Killed In Blast At Naya Bazar, Rajnath Calls Delhi CP
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- E-Ballot Facility for Service Voters Gets Govt Nod: CEC
- Snatch Tribal Rights, Face Action, Warns PM
- 300-Year-Old British Coin, One of Only 20 Ever Minted, Found in 4-Year-Old's Treasure Chest
- Muslim Community Must Seriously Ponder Over Triple Talaq: RSS
- Rename HRD Ministry as Education Ministry: Sisodia to Javadekar
- Saudi Man Dumps Bride for Sharing Pictures on Snapchat Just 2 Hrs After Wedding
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman Of Tata Sons, Ratan Tata To Hold Interim Position
- Ratan Tata: 'I Think Everybody Knows Where The Intolerance Is Coming From...'
- Now, Adult Film Star Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Not Just a Business Partner, But an Ally Who Stood By India in its Darkest Hours: Russia