Take Steps to Rebuild Ram Temple in Ayodhya: Swamy
BJP leader Subramanian Swamy has urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to initiate steps to rebuild the Ram Temple in Ayodhya by 2016 and fulfil the party's commitment to the electorate.
In a letter to Modi, he has suggested appointment of a former Chief Justice of India like S H Kapadia as the executor who may liaise with a designated minister like Gen V K Singh.
The designated minister, Swamy said, may issue notice to the hereditary supervisor of Babri Masjid asking him to formally withdraw his claim to the Ram Janmabhoomi and offer him an alternative site for a masjid to be built at public expense across the Saryu river.
The former Minister also suggested calling a meeting of Islamic clerics including from abroad and seek an endorsement and if it is not forthcoming then Government should move an enabling bill in the Parliament and get it passed.
He wants a Ram Temple rebuilding committee on the Somnath temple model.
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Khalsa College Postpones Drama Event Till ABVP Drama Pacifies
- India Likely to Be Less Affected by Global Economic Shocks: IMF
- Ticket Collector Bites Off Senior Officer's Nose In A Fit Of Rage
- 60-Year-Old Poet Thrashed For Stopping DTC Bus Conductor From Urinating On Road
- 130 Bodies Of Fighters Beheaded By Rival Jihadists Found in Syria Mass Graves
- BMC Mayor Will Be From Our Party, BJP Used Deceitful Means to Destabilise Our Rule: Sena
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman