Take Steps to Rebuild Ram Temple in Ayodhya: Swamy
BJP leader Subramanian Swamy has urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to initiate steps to rebuild the Ram Temple in Ayodhya by 2016 and fulfil the party's commitment to the electorate.
In a letter to Modi, he has suggested appointment of a former Chief Justice of India like S H Kapadia as the executor who may liaise with a designated minister like Gen V K Singh.
The designated minister, Swamy said, may issue notice to the hereditary supervisor of Babri Masjid asking him to formally withdraw his claim to the Ram Janmabhoomi and offer him an alternative site for a masjid to be built at public expense across the Saryu river.
The former Minister also suggested calling a meeting of Islamic clerics including from abroad and seek an endorsement and if it is not forthcoming then Government should move an enabling bill in the Parliament and get it passed.
He wants a Ram Temple rebuilding committee on the Somnath temple model.
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Narada Journalists Threaten Hunger Strike Over Dues
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 14 Men Molest 2 Women, Posts Video On The Social Media
- Defending The Use of 'Human Shield', General Bipin Rawat Says 'Dirty War' In Kashmir Has To Be Fought With 'Innovative Ways'
- After Rahul, Now Akhilesh Denied Entry to Violence-Hit Saharanpur
- Three Booked For Abducting, Raping Minor Girl In Rajasthan
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10