Taiwanese Woman Might Pay Compensation for US Plane Birth
A woman deported to her homeland Taiwan after giving birth on a flight to the US in an apparent attempt to give her baby American citizenship may have to pay hefty compensation for forcing the plane to divert.
The China Airlines flight was forced to make an emergency landing in Alaska en route from Taipei to Los Angeles on October 8.
Airline spokeswoman Weni Lee says the airline's insurance firm is deciding whether to ask the passenger to cover costs of the stopover to ensure the health of her baby.
Local reports say the woman evidently wanted to give the child American citizenship and failed to tell the airline she was close to giving birth.
Her act has sparked questions in relatively well-off Taiwan about her motive.
- Lucknow's Tunday Kababi Shuts Outlet
- Passengers on Wait List Can Tavel in Rajdhani
- Centre to Scrap 7 Appellate Tribunals
- 400 TMC Members Join BJP in Tripura
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Now is The Time to go Ahead With Ram Temple Construction, Says Shiv Sena
- Delhi's Iconic Regal Cinema to Close From March 31
- After Shiv Sena MP's Slipper Assault, Air India Mulling Preparing No-Fly List for Unruly Passengers
- 'Medical Attention Cannot Wait': HC Directs Protesting Doctors to Resume Work
- Govt Sanctions Rs 5,021 Crore to 10 States Hit by Disasters
- Plea Against Kejriwal: Court Raps Police for Indecisiveness
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Australian Media Calls Kohli 'Donald Trump of World Sport', Amitabh Bachchan Gives It Back
- 'I Can Call Any Of You Any Time': An Unhappy PM Modi Asks BJP MPs To Attend Parliament
- UP CM Adityanath Orders Closure of Slaughter Houses Across the State
- 'Don't Chew Pan, Pan Masala When on Duty,' UP CM Warns Govt Officials