Syrian Rebels Attack Peacekeepers in Golan Heights
The Philippine defense chief says Filipino peacekeepers in the Golan Heights have been attacked by Syrian rebels who are holding dozens of Fijian troops hostage.
Defense Secretary Voltaire Gazmin told reporters today in a series of text messages that Filipino troops manning one U.N. Encampment have been "extricated," while soldiers in another encampment were "now under attack."
He said the attack started early today Syrian time.
Gazmin did not say whether there were any casualties. Asked how the troops were doing, he said they had "high morale."
The Syrian rebels have seized 44 Fijian peacekeepers and demanded that the 75 Filipinos manning two separate U.
- PM Inaugurates India's Longest Bridge in Assam
- Wreckage Of Missing Sukhoi Fighter Jet Found
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10