Swaraj Meets Ugandan Foreign Minister
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj today held a meeting with her Ugandan counterpart Sam Kutesa during which key bilateral issues like trade and development projects were discussed.
Kutesa, who is here on a five-day visit, has been elected as the President of the 69th session of the UN General Assembly, which will begin in September.
Bilateral issues including trade and developmental projects were discussed during the meeting between the two leaders besides the UN since he will be the next President of the UNGA, an official here said.
Kutesa has expressed Uganda'ss desire to build on excellent relations between the two countries, whether bilaterally or in multilateral platforms, by working with the new government in India.
He underlined the potential for developmental cooperation between India and Uganda in the fields of investment, ICT, hydropower and capacity-building.
Kutesa has brought along a delegation which included Minister of Information, Communication and Technology John Nasasira, Minister of State for Fisheries Ruth Nankabirwa, Minister of State for Investments Ajedra Gabriel Aridru and other senior officials of the Ugandan government.
India is Uganda's largest trade partner and Uganda has a large population of Indian origin people who make significant contribution to Uganda's economy and society.
India and Uganda also cooperate closely in capacity building fields, including human resource development.
A large number of Ugandan students are currently studying in various Indian institutions of higher education.
- Encounter In Assam Was Fake, Says Top CRPF Officer
- Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda Resigns
- 'Enemy' Will Remember Pakistan's Response
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10