Swaraj Meets Ugandan Foreign Minister
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj today held a meeting with her Ugandan counterpart Sam Kutesa during which key bilateral issues like trade and development projects were discussed.
Kutesa, who is here on a five-day visit, has been elected as the President of the 69th session of the UN General Assembly, which will begin in September.
Bilateral issues including trade and developmental projects were discussed during the meeting between the two leaders besides the UN since he will be the next President of the UNGA, an official here said.
Kutesa has expressed Uganda'ss desire to build on excellent relations between the two countries, whether bilaterally or in multilateral platforms, by working with the new government in India.
He underlined the potential for developmental cooperation between India and Uganda in the fields of investment, ICT, hydropower and capacity-building.
Kutesa has brought along a delegation which included Minister of Information, Communication and Technology John Nasasira, Minister of State for Fisheries Ruth Nankabirwa, Minister of State for Investments Ajedra Gabriel Aridru and other senior officials of the Ugandan government.
India is Uganda's largest trade partner and Uganda has a large population of Indian origin people who make significant contribution to Uganda's economy and society.
India and Uganda also cooperate closely in capacity building fields, including human resource development.
A large number of Ugandan students are currently studying in various Indian institutions of higher education.
FROM OUTLOOKForeign AffairsIndia has to take stock of its diminishing role in institutions like NAM and the UN...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionThere are those who have believed for a long timemore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, Feb 16 Britain today suggested that Indmore from WIRES>>>
- Open the Dam Shutters, SC Asks Karnataka to Release 6000 Cusecs of Water to TN
- After Indus Water Treaty, India Will Now Review the Most Favoured Nation Status Given to Pak
- Corruption Accused Ex-Corporate Affairs DG Bansal Commits Suicide Along With Son
- Clinton Puts Trump on Defensive in Fiery First Presidential Debate
- USA: Nine Injured in Shooting at Strip Mall in Houston
- Abandon 'Dream' of Obtaining Kashmir: Swaraj to Pakistan
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Yashvardhan Sinha Appointed India's High Commissioner to UK
- BSF Orders More Non-Lethal Weapons for Use at Bangladesh Border
- Pathankot on High Alert, Search Operation Launched
- Curfew Relaxed for Six Hours in Kishtwar District of J&K
- India Confronts Pak Envoy With Proof of Uri Attack's Cross Border Origins
- Pakistani Actors Should Condemn Uri Attack: Anupam Kher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED