Suspected LeT Operatives Sent to Judicial Custody Till Sept 16
Suspected LeT operatives Abdul Subhan and his nephew Asahbuddin, arrested for their alleged role in planning to carry out terror strikes in Delhi and adjoining areas, were today remanded in judicial custody till September 16 by a court here.
They were produced before Additional Sessions Judge Reetesh Singh after expiry of their judicial custody and Special Cell of Delhi Police moved an application seeking extension of their remand saying that their probe into the case was going on.
The police had earlier filed its charge sheet in the case against accused Mohd Rashid and Mohd Shahid who were arrested in December last year from Haryana's Mewat region.
With their arrest, police had claimed to have unearthed a terror module of LeT which was at an "advanced stage" of planning a major strike in Delhi.
Subhan was arrested by the special cell on May 20 while Asahbuddin, who was serving life term in Kolkata for his role in the Partha Roy Burman kidnapping case of 2001, was arrested here on May 27 after he was brought from that city.
Police had claimed that absconding top LeT commander Javed Baluchi, who is based in Pakistan, was the "kingpin" of the entire conspiracy while Pakistani national Arshad Khan, co-accused in the case, was in touch with him.
A charge sheet was filed against Rashid and Shahid on May 8 and they were charged with offences of criminal conspiracy under IPC and the provisions of Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act. Rashid and Shahid are lodged in Tihar jail under judicial custody.
Regarding Baluchi, police had said intelligence agencies had provided information in November last year that he was contacted on his Pakistani mobile number from Rajasthan and there were conversations regarding a conspiracy to carry out a terror strike in India.
Subhan and Asahbuddin were earlier remanded in police custody after the cops had told the court that they have to be confronted with Arshad who was arrested on August 13 after being produced before the court from Kolkata jail where he was lodged in connection with Burman kidnapping case.
FROM OUTLOOKKargilThe infiltration in Kashmir forms part of a larger pan-Islamic terrorist plan to widen the jehad...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBThe Mysterious Terror BoatBJP president Amit Shah is ecstatic; proud of themore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESSanctions on Pakistan-based terrorist organismore from WIRES>>>
- 'One Nation One Tax' to Eliminate Corruption: Jaitley on GST
- Bangladeshi-Canadian Named as Dhaka Cafe Attack Mastermind
- Assam Flood Situation 'Grave And Challenging': Rajnath
- Karnataka CM's Son Dies of Pancreatitis in Belgium
- Clashes in Kashmir, Curfew Lifted in Many Areas
- Kashmir: Army Foils Infiltration Bid, Two Militants, Two Soldiers Killed
- Outlook Cover Story On RSS Trafficking Goes Viral
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Army Takes Possession of Adarsh Building
- Angul SP Injured in Clash Between BJD, BJP in Odisha
- Terrorists Like Burhan Wani Don't Deserve Second Chance: Deputy CM
- West Indies Reach 88 for 4 at Lunch vs India on Day 1
- 16 Killed in Texas Hot Air Balloon Crash
- Court Convicts Film Director Farooqui of Raping US Researcher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED