Sushil Koirala Dedicated His Life to Nepal's Progress: Prez
Former Nepalese Prime Minister Sushil Koirala dedicated his life to progress and development of his country and worked tirelessly to foster close relations with India, President Pranab Mukherjee said today.
In his condolence message on the passing away of Koirala, Mukherjee said he led Nepal during the crucial period of political transition.
"Under his stewardship of the Government of Nepal, considerable progress was achieved in the fields of hydropower and connectivity," the President said.
In his passing away, Nepal has lost a leader who dedicated his life to Nepal's progress and development, Mukherjee said.
"He led Nepal during the crucial period of political transition and Constitution promulgation. The simplicity of his life holds a lesson for all of us," Mukherjee said.
He noted that Koirala worked tirelessly to foster the close and multifaceted relations between India and Nepal.
"The people of India share the sorrow and grief of the people of Nepal over the loss of Sushil Koirala. Please accept my heartfelt condolences," the President said.
- Burhan Wani's Successor Sabzar Bhat, Killed
- Will Stop Rahul At Saharanpur Border: Police
- Remembering Nehru’s Respect For Parliamentary Methods
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10