Suicide Attack Kills Three Border Policemen: Afghan Official
An Afghan official says three border policemen have been killed and three others were wounded in a suicide attack near an important border crossing in southern Afghanistan.
Zia Durrani, the police spokesman for Kandahar province, says the attack took place when five suicidebombers stormed the border police headquarters at Spin Boldak, on the border with Pakistan today.
He says after the attackers entered the building, a firefight followed for about half an hour before the attackers detonated their explosives vests.
Spin Boldak links Kandahar to the Pakistani city of Quetta and is a major crossing between the two countries for people and goods.
No one immediately claimed responsibility for the attack. Kandahar is the seat of the Taliban, who have waged war on the Kabul government since 2001.
- France Votes in Presidential Election
- PIL in HC for Ban on 66 Pesticides
- Liquor Ban Will Unite Religions: Nitish Kumar
- GST Great Illustration of Cooperative Federalism, Says PM Modi
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MCD Election: Exit Polls Predict Sweep for BJP, Setback for AAP
- MCD Election: SEC to Issue Memos to Officials for Delay in Sending Data
- MCD Election: Polling Ends Peacefully, Turnout Likely to Cross 54%
- Jaitley Flags H-1B Visa Concerns with US Treasury Secy
- Delhi Gangrape Convicts Challenged the High Court
- US Accuses TCS, Infosys of Violating H-1B Visa Norms
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 'How Can You Make Aadhaar Mandatory When We Passed An Order To Make It Optional', SC Asks Centre
- Muslims Don't Vote For Us, But We Gave Them 'Proper Sanctity': Ravi Shankar Prasad
- New UP DGP Sulkhan Singh Takes Charge, Vows to Crush 'Goondagardi'
- UP DGP Javeed Ahmed Shunted Out to Head PAC, 12 IPS Officers Transferred