Students Accuse Headmaster of Physical Assault, Demand Transfer
Students of a sevashram at Champi in Koraput district of Odisha have launched a stir demanding immediate transfer of the headmaster accusing him of physically assaulting them.
Officials said an inquiry would be conducted into the matter after the agitating students locked the school yesterday alleging that headmaster Bishu Prasad Chetty beat them up when they complained about classes not being held regularly.
District welfare officer (Koraput) Jagannath Soren said, "I don't have the power to transfer a headmaster. I have intimated the higher ups about the matter."
"As an immediate measure, we have sent the headmaster to the head office on deputation and are trying to pacify the agitating students. We will conduct an inquiry into the allegation levelled by the students and necessary action will be taken," he said.
"Education in the school has taken a back seat. We will not open the gate till our demand is fulfilled," said a student of the sevashram in Laxmipur block.
Another student alleged that the headmaster made them do hostel chores and beat them up if they refused.
While 275 students stay in the hostel, 205 are day scholars, studying in Class VI to X. The school is being run by ST and SC development department.
- Cabinet Drops 1% Additional Tax From GST Bill
- RBI Slaps Rs 27-Cr Penalty on 13 Banks for FEMA Violations
- SC Critical of Magistrate Ordering Probe in Rahul Defamation Case
- Modi May Get Me Killed as Well: Kejriwal
- Sharif Describes Kashmir As 'Unfinished Agenda' of UN
- Key Witness Says Salman Khan Killed the Chinkara
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- BJP Objects to Digvijay's Tweets to His Partymen in Assembly
- Four Una Dalit Victims Admitted to Hospital Again
- Local Muslims Stayed Away From Kalam Statue Function: Ulemas
- Police Declares Eight Puri Temple Servitors As 'Absconders'
- Bharti Airtel Q1 Profit Dips 31% to Rs 1,462 Cr
- Chance for Reformation Has to be Given to Young Offenders: SC
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED