Students Accuse Headmaster of Physical Assault, Demand Transfer
Students of a sevashram at Champi in Koraput district of Odisha have launched a stir demanding immediate transfer of the headmaster accusing him of physically assaulting them.
Officials said an inquiry would be conducted into the matter after the agitating students locked the school yesterday alleging that headmaster Bishu Prasad Chetty beat them up when they complained about classes not being held regularly.
District welfare officer (Koraput) Jagannath Soren said, "I don't have the power to transfer a headmaster. I have intimated the higher ups about the matter."
"As an immediate measure, we have sent the headmaster to the head office on deputation and are trying to pacify the agitating students. We will conduct an inquiry into the allegation levelled by the students and necessary action will be taken," he said.
"Education in the school has taken a back seat. We will not open the gate till our demand is fulfilled," said a student of the sevashram in Laxmipur block.
Another student alleged that the headmaster made them do hostel chores and beat them up if they refused.
While 275 students stay in the hostel, 205 are day scholars, studying in Class VI to X. The school is being run by ST and SC development department.
- SC Cancels RJD Leader Shahabuddin's Bail, Sends Him Back to Jail
- Surgical Strikes by India in PoK an Act of Self Defence: Afghanistan
- Bihar Liquor Prohibition Law Illegal, Rules Patna High Court
- All Attempts to Secure Release of Indian Soldier: Rajnath
- Park Street Gangrape: Prime Accused Kader Khan Arrested
- Train Crashes Into New Jersey Station, One Dead, 114 Injured
- Denzel Washington's 'FENCES' Trailer Promises Oscar Contenders
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Pakistan Chief Justice Anwar Zaheer Cancels Visit to India Due to Tension
- 'World Moves Towards Enforcing Paris Pact With India's Action'
- Rajnath Singh Reviews Security Situation Along Indo-Pak Border
- Presidential Debate Was Rigged: Trump
- Narendra Modi's Surgical Strike Wins Over Rahul Gandhi
- Nawaz Sharif Calls Special Cabinet Meeting Post Surgical Strikes
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED