Students Accuse Headmaster of Physical Assault, Demand Transfer
Students of a sevashram at Champi in Koraput district of Odisha have launched a stir demanding immediate transfer of the headmaster accusing him of physically assaulting them.
Officials said an inquiry would be conducted into the matter after the agitating students locked the school yesterday alleging that headmaster Bishu Prasad Chetty beat them up when they complained about classes not being held regularly.
District welfare officer (Koraput) Jagannath Soren said, "I don't have the power to transfer a headmaster. I have intimated the higher ups about the matter."
"As an immediate measure, we have sent the headmaster to the head office on deputation and are trying to pacify the agitating students. We will conduct an inquiry into the allegation levelled by the students and necessary action will be taken," he said.
"Education in the school has taken a back seat. We will not open the gate till our demand is fulfilled," said a student of the sevashram in Laxmipur block.
Another student alleged that the headmaster made them do hostel chores and beat them up if they refused.
While 275 students stay in the hostel, 205 are day scholars, studying in Class VI to X. The school is being run by ST and SC development department.
- Rate Cut Possible Only If Inflation Eases: Rajan
- Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa Conferred Khel Ratna Along With Jitu Rai
- Curfew Lifted in Kashmir After 51 Days of Lockdown
- SC Pulls Up Azam Khan for Calling Bulandshahr Gangrape a 'Political Conspiracy'
- Submarine Data Leak Being Viewed 'Very Seriously': Navy chief
- Usain Bolt Won Nine Olympic Golds Because Of Beef: BJP MP
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Racism Row After South Africa School Asks Girls to Straighten Hair
- Dana Majhi Takes Part in 'Padayatra' Organised by Congress
- NIA Summons Geelani's Elder Son for Questioning
- John Kerry Samples Delhi Traffic, Gets Stuck in Jam Due to Waterlogging
- EC Notice to Maharashtra BJP, 7 Other Parties for Not Filing Tax Returns
- Govt Defers Mega Spectrum Auction by 2 Days to Oct 1
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED