Students Accuse Headmaster of Physical Assault, Demand Transfer
Students of a sevashram at Champi in Koraput district of Odisha have launched a stir demanding immediate transfer of the headmaster accusing him of physically assaulting them.
Officials said an inquiry would be conducted into the matter after the agitating students locked the school yesterday alleging that headmaster Bishu Prasad Chetty beat them up when they complained about classes not being held regularly.
District welfare officer (Koraput) Jagannath Soren said, "I don't have the power to transfer a headmaster. I have intimated the higher ups about the matter."
"As an immediate measure, we have sent the headmaster to the head office on deputation and are trying to pacify the agitating students. We will conduct an inquiry into the allegation levelled by the students and necessary action will be taken," he said.
"Education in the school has taken a back seat. We will not open the gate till our demand is fulfilled," said a student of the sevashram in Laxmipur block.
Another student alleged that the headmaster made them do hostel chores and beat them up if they refused.
While 275 students stay in the hostel, 205 are day scholars, studying in Class VI to X. The school is being run by ST and SC development department.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- Yeddyurappa Will Be BJP's CM Face In Karnataka: Shah
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10