Student Killed, 23 Hurt in Clash Inside Mosque in Doda
A student was killed and 23 other people were injured in a clash between two groups inside a mosque over control of its management in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Sharafat Ali, a student of MA, died last night after a clash erupted between members of two groups of the same community, armed with rods and sticks, over management of the mosque and a madrassa in Sartangal belt here, police said.
24 people were injured, five of them critically, they said, adding three critical persons were shifted to SKIMS Soura in Srinagar while two others were shifted to GMC Hospital in Jammu.
Ali, who was critically injured, was shifted to SKIMS, where he succumbed to his injuries, police said.
His brother Rahat Ali and uncle Farooq Ahmed are among the critical patients, they said.
Police and Army personnel were rushed to the spot, following which the situation has been brought under control, police officials said, adding, the mosque has been closed in view of the incident.
"The situation has been brought under control. Police force is deployed in the area. They are investigating the case", District Development Commissioner, Doda Sham Vinood Meena told PTI.
He said that some people have also been rounded up for questioning in this regard.
- Encounter In Assam Was Fake, Says Top CRPF Officer
- Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda Resigns
- 'Enemy' Will Remember Pakistan's Response
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10