Student Killed, 23 Hurt in Clash Inside Mosque in Doda
A student was killed and 23 other people were injured in a clash between two groups inside a mosque over control of its management in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Sharafat Ali, a student of MA, died last night after a clash erupted between members of two groups of the same community, armed with rods and sticks, over management of the mosque and a madrassa in Sartangal belt here, police said.
24 people were injured, five of them critically, they said, adding three critical persons were shifted to SKIMS Soura in Srinagar while two others were shifted to GMC Hospital in Jammu.
Ali, who was critically injured, was shifted to SKIMS, where he succumbed to his injuries, police said.
His brother Rahat Ali and uncle Farooq Ahmed are among the critical patients, they said.
Police and Army personnel were rushed to the spot, following which the situation has been brought under control, police officials said, adding, the mosque has been closed in view of the incident.
"The situation has been brought under control. Police force is deployed in the area. They are investigating the case", District Development Commissioner, Doda Sham Vinood Meena told PTI.
He said that some people have also been rounded up for questioning in this regard.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan