Student Killed, 23 Hurt in Clash Inside Mosque in Doda
A student was killed and 23 other people were injured in a clash between two groups inside a mosque over control of its management in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Sharafat Ali, a student of MA, died last night after a clash erupted between members of two groups of the same community, armed with rods and sticks, over management of the mosque and a madrassa in Sartangal belt here, police said.
24 people were injured, five of them critically, they said, adding three critical persons were shifted to SKIMS Soura in Srinagar while two others were shifted to GMC Hospital in Jammu.
Ali, who was critically injured, was shifted to SKIMS, where he succumbed to his injuries, police said.
His brother Rahat Ali and uncle Farooq Ahmed are among the critical patients, they said.
Police and Army personnel were rushed to the spot, following which the situation has been brought under control, police officials said, adding, the mosque has been closed in view of the incident.
"The situation has been brought under control. Police force is deployed in the area. They are investigating the case", District Development Commissioner, Doda Sham Vinood Meena told PTI.
He said that some people have also been rounded up for questioning in this regard.
FROM OUTLOOKbritain: riotsCriminality? Elitism? Erosion of authority? Britain really shouldn’t have been shocked....more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBREPORTAGEInside the ophthalmology ward of Srinagar's SMHS Hmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESAt least 14 persons, including a photo journalist,more from WIRES>>>
- Indian Army Launched Surgical Strikes in PoK
- PM Chairs CCS Meeting to Review Situation Along LoC
- Meeting on Most Favoured Nation Status to Pakistan Postponed
- Ceasefire Violations Along LoC in Naugam Sector, Poonch
- CBSE Likely to Make Class 10 Board Exams Compulsory From 2018
- Three Injured in Shooting at Elementary School in US, Suspect in Custody: Police
- Denzel Washington's 'FENCES' Trailer Promises Oscar Contenders
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Congress Congratulates Army on Anti-Terror Surgical Strikes
- Surgical Strike: 7 Terror Launch Pads Targeted, Heliborne, Ground Forces Used
- Naxal Killed in Face-Off With Police in Chhattisgarh
- Rahul Gandhi Flays RSS, Says Its Trying to 'Divide India'
- SC Reserves Order on Petitions to Cancel Shahahbuddin's Bail
- Now, Atif Aslam's Gurgaon Concert Scrapped
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED