Sonia Gandhi Interacts With People in Rae Bareli
Congress president Sonia Gandhi today inaugurated a solar power based mini water pump system and interacted with the people of her constituency on the second day of her visit here.
In the morning, Sonia met people at Bhueymau guest house here and listened to their grievances and took their applications.
Later, she inaugurated the solar power based mini water pump system in Sanahi village before taking a tour of different villages.
Near Peetambarpur village, an old Congress worker Surya Nath Singh sought her help for getting medical treatment to which she directed her OSD to do the needful.
In Bhadokhar, the women and other villagers demanded a high school for the children besides apprising her about their problems relating to power and water for irrigation. Sonia assured them that she would take up the matter.
In a chaupal in Madhupuri village near the upcoming AIIMS building here, the locals asked whether they would get jobs in return for their land acquired for the medical institute to which she said that efforts were on in this regard.
The Congress president met the employees of the construction company and laboureres at the AIIMS site and asked them about their problems relating to some reports of "rangdari" there.
The OSD of the Congress MP had yesterday taken up the rangdari issue with the Superintendent of Police here who had assured of setting up a temporary police chowki there.
In Jhakrasi, she asked about the state of self help groups and called for involving more and more women in it.
Gandhi also visited the house of Dinesh Pratap Singh (MLC) before leaving for Delhi from Fursatganj airport.
FROM OUTLOOKCongressAs the elections approach, expectations are high in the Congress that the Gandhi bahu will give a call...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBPoliticsFormer Uttar Pradesh Congress President Rita Bahugmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, July 23 (pti) Mohan Prakash, former genmore from WIRES>>>
- No Explanation, No Opportunity to Defend Myself, Says Mistry in an Explosive Mail to Board Members
- Modi-Key Talks: NZ Assures 'Constructive' Approach on NSG Bid
- Akhilesh Briefs Governor Ram Naik on Political Situation in UP
- Former Karnataka CM B.S. Yeddyurappa Acquitted of Corruption Charges
- Manipuri Student's Body Found in JNU Hostel Room
- Paul Beatty Becomes the First American to Win Booker Prize
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Police Registers Assault Case Against AAP MLA Amantullah Khan
- PM Asks Officials to Analyze World Bank Report Which Ranked India 130th
- Cabinet May Consider Advancing Budget to Feb 1
- UNESCO Approves Resolution on Jerusalem That Israel Says Denies Judaism's Ties to Temple Mount
- 26/11: India Not Responding to Pak Request to Send Witnesses, Says Prosecution
- Pak Lawmakers Slam Cricketers for Doing Push-Ups After Match Win Instead of Praying
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED