Sonia Gandhi Interacts With People in Rae Bareli
Congress president Sonia Gandhi today inaugurated a solar power based mini water pump system and interacted with the people of her constituency on the second day of her visit here.
In the morning, Sonia met people at Bhueymau guest house here and listened to their grievances and took their applications.
Later, she inaugurated the solar power based mini water pump system in Sanahi village before taking a tour of different villages.
Near Peetambarpur village, an old Congress worker Surya Nath Singh sought her help for getting medical treatment to which she directed her OSD to do the needful.
In Bhadokhar, the women and other villagers demanded a high school for the children besides apprising her about their problems relating to power and water for irrigation. Sonia assured them that she would take up the matter.
In a chaupal in Madhupuri village near the upcoming AIIMS building here, the locals asked whether they would get jobs in return for their land acquired for the medical institute to which she said that efforts were on in this regard.
The Congress president met the employees of the construction company and laboureres at the AIIMS site and asked them about their problems relating to some reports of "rangdari" there.
The OSD of the Congress MP had yesterday taken up the rangdari issue with the Superintendent of Police here who had assured of setting up a temporary police chowki there.
In Jhakrasi, she asked about the state of self help groups and called for involving more and more women in it.
Gandhi also visited the house of Dinesh Pratap Singh (MLC) before leaving for Delhi from Fursatganj airport.
FROM OUTLOOKCongressAs the elections approach, expectations are high in the Congress that the Gandhi bahu will give a call...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBThe Dalit march from Ahmedabad to Una seeking justmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESNew Delhi, July 23 (pti) Mohan Prakash, former genmore from WIRES>>>
- Pak Balochistan Province Assembly Resolution Condemns Modi
- PM's Fresh Bid on Kashmir: Talks of 'Ekta' And 'Mamata'
- JNU Rape Case: Varsity Suspends Accused Scholar
- Curfew in Some Parts of Srinagar, Two Towns in South Kashmir
- Trump Vows to Begin Deportations Immediately If Sworn In
- Pak: LeJ Terrorists Involved in Lanka Cricket Team Attack Killed
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Wet Outfield Denies India Chance to Level Series
- Delhi: 15-Year-Old Beaten to Death by Three Classmates, Says Police
- Scorpene Leak: DCNS Moves Aussie Court for Injunction Against The Australian
- Vadra, BJP MLA Engage in Verbal Spat Over Shaktiman
- Merkel Rejects Muslim Migrant Ban, Urges Fair Distribution
- Minor Raped by Juvenile Neighbour in Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED