Somdev Ousted From Aptos Challenger, Sanam, Purav Advance
Somdev Devvarman went down fighting against world number 54 Mikhail Kukushkin in the quarter-finals of the USD 100,000 ATP Challenger event here.
Somdev, currently ranked 147 after a string of poor performances, lost to the top seeded Kazakhstan player 5-7 6-4 2-6 after battling for close to two hours.
It was second meeting between the two players and the Indian had emeregd winner when they clashed in 2011 in Belgrade, Serbia.
Somdev earned 18 ranking points and USD 2,920 as prize money for his effort.
Meanwhile, Sanam Singh and Purav Raja advanced to the doubles semifinals of the same tournament with a 7-6(4) 6-2 win over Andrea Collarini from Argentina and Mexico's Cesar Ramirez.
The fourth seeded Indian pair will next play top seeded American-Australian combo of Austin Krajicek and John-Patrick Smith.
- Lok Sabha Approves Amendment to Lokpal Act for Deferring Asset Filing
- Salman Acquittal: Key Witness in Poaching Case Says He Wasn't Summoned Deliberately
- IS Claims Attack That Killed 44 in Northern Syria
- Muslim Women Beaten Up by Gau Rakshaks in MP, Uproar in RS
- T. M. Krishna, Bezwada Wilson Win Magsaysay Award
- Narsingh Replaced by Rana, Scandal Reaches Police
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Some Objects Found, Need to Verify Whether From AN-32: Parrikar
- IT Raid on AAP MLA's Premises for Alleged Tax Evasion
- Using 'Crazies' Like Hafiz Saeed Will Harm Pakistan: Haqqani
- 3,550 Police, 2,309 Civilians Injured in Stone Pelting in J&K
- Amnesty International Demands Dropping of All Charges Against Irom Sharmila
- Baghdad Suicide Bomb Kills Six, Province Takes on Militants
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED