Somdev Ousted From Aptos Challenger, Sanam, Purav Advance
Somdev Devvarman went down fighting against world number 54 Mikhail Kukushkin in the quarter-finals of the USD 100,000 ATP Challenger event here.
Somdev, currently ranked 147 after a string of poor performances, lost to the top seeded Kazakhstan player 5-7 6-4 2-6 after battling for close to two hours.
It was second meeting between the two players and the Indian had emeregd winner when they clashed in 2011 in Belgrade, Serbia.
Somdev earned 18 ranking points and USD 2,920 as prize money for his effort.
Meanwhile, Sanam Singh and Purav Raja advanced to the doubles semifinals of the same tournament with a 7-6(4) 6-2 win over Andrea Collarini from Argentina and Mexico's Cesar Ramirez.
The fourth seeded Indian pair will next play top seeded American-Australian combo of Austin Krajicek and John-Patrick Smith.
- Burhan Wani's Successor Sabzar Bhat, Killed
- After Rahul, Akhilesh Denied Entry to Violence-Hit Saharanpur
- WHO Confirms First Cases Of Zika Virus In India, From Ahmedabad
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10