Somdev Ousted From Aptos Challenger, Sanam, Purav Advance
Somdev Devvarman went down fighting against world number 54 Mikhail Kukushkin in the quarter-finals of the USD 100,000 ATP Challenger event here.
Somdev, currently ranked 147 after a string of poor performances, lost to the top seeded Kazakhstan player 5-7 6-4 2-6 after battling for close to two hours.
It was second meeting between the two players and the Indian had emeregd winner when they clashed in 2011 in Belgrade, Serbia.
Somdev earned 18 ranking points and USD 2,920 as prize money for his effort.
Meanwhile, Sanam Singh and Purav Raja advanced to the doubles semifinals of the same tournament with a 7-6(4) 6-2 win over Andrea Collarini from Argentina and Mexico's Cesar Ramirez.
The fourth seeded Indian pair will next play top seeded American-Australian combo of Austin Krajicek and John-Patrick Smith.
- Nationalism is the Identity of BJP: Narendra Modi
- IITs to Admit Non-Resident Students
- Pakistan-Not-Hell Remark Lands Kannada Actor in Sedition Net?
- Gujarat: 50 Cong MLAs Suspended From Assembly, Ruckus Over Una Incident
- Toxic Gas Leak at B'desh Fertiliser Unit Sickens 250, Plugged
- Opposition MLAs Marshaled Out, Pandemonium in UP Assembly
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- Delhi: Fire Triggers Building Collapse, 250 Bikes Gutted
- Upset Over SC Curb on Dahi Handi, Record-Holding Mandal to Return Award
- Surat: Two Dead, One Suffers Partial Sight Loss After Consuming Hooch
- BJP Interfering in Federal Structure, TMC Complains to President
- Cow is Mother of Not Only Hindus But Also of Muslims: Swaroopanand
- South Africa, New Zealand Test Drawn After Match Abandoned
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED