Somdev Ousted From Aptos Challenger, Sanam, Purav Advance
Somdev Devvarman went down fighting against world number 54 Mikhail Kukushkin in the quarter-finals of the USD 100,000 ATP Challenger event here.
Somdev, currently ranked 147 after a string of poor performances, lost to the top seeded Kazakhstan player 5-7 6-4 2-6 after battling for close to two hours.
It was second meeting between the two players and the Indian had emeregd winner when they clashed in 2011 in Belgrade, Serbia.
Somdev earned 18 ranking points and USD 2,920 as prize money for his effort.
Meanwhile, Sanam Singh and Purav Raja advanced to the doubles semifinals of the same tournament with a 7-6(4) 6-2 win over Andrea Collarini from Argentina and Mexico's Cesar Ramirez.
The fourth seeded Indian pair will next play top seeded American-Australian combo of Austin Krajicek and John-Patrick Smith.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- PM Modi Calls BSP 'Behenji Sampatti Party'
- India Was The World's Largest Arms Importer In The Past Five Years
- CBI Searches Former Chief A.P. Singh's Residence
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman
- In A First, CBI Carries Out Searches At Former Chief A.P. Singh's Residence
- After Contentious Trust-Vote, TN CM Palaniswami Announces Raft Of Populist Measures
- Bike Rider Dies After Being Kicked By Horse In Hyderabad
- Stockholm-Based Think-Tank Says India Was The World's Largest Arms Importer In The Past Five Years
- Government Sends Memorandum To KVIC Over Use Of PM Modi's Picture In Khadi Calendar
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED