Small Batch of Devotees Leave for Amarnath
A small batch of 199 pilgrims today left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
A convoy of five vehicles carrying the 39th batch of pilgrims, including 103 men and 49 women left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at 4:46 AM, police said.
The convoy has already crossed Patnitop on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they said.
With today's batch, a total of 53,910 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
Meanwhile, another batch of 671 pilgrims left for Budha Amarnath shrine in Poonch district in a cavalcade of 16 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar Base camp in Jammu city.
- Congress Derails RS Proceedings Over Private Member Bill on AP
- Supreme Court Allows Abortion of 24-Week Old Foetus
- Two Dead, 17 Wounded at Florida Nightclub Shooting
- SC Notice to Vijay Mallya on Petition of Consortium of Banks
- Sidhu Blasts BJP, Doesn't Say If He Is Joining AAP
- Chinkara Case: Rajasthan High Court Acquits Salman Khan
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Cong Wants Portuguese as Second Language in Goa Schools
- Missing IAF Plane: No Debris or Survivors Found Yet, Says Coast Guard
- Hardline Maoist Group Holds Strike in Nepal
- Bill to Bring Cab Aggregators Like Uber, Ola on Anvil: Govt
- Israeli Woman Rape Case: Police Detain Two for Questioning
- Forest Clearance is Now Granted Within 200 Days: Govt
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED