Small Batch of Devotees Leave for Amarnath
A small batch of 199 pilgrims today left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
A convoy of five vehicles carrying the 39th batch of pilgrims, including 103 men and 49 women left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at 4:46 AM, police said.
The convoy has already crossed Patnitop on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they said.
With today's batch, a total of 53,910 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
Meanwhile, another batch of 671 pilgrims left for Budha Amarnath shrine in Poonch district in a cavalcade of 16 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar Base camp in Jammu city.
- No Extension for Kumble, BCCI Looks For Head Coach
- 4 Women Gangraped, Man Shot Dead in UP's Bulandshahr
- Fadnavis Escapes Unhurt After Chopper Crash In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10