Six Killed, 38 Injured in Road Accident in Egypt
At least six people were killed and 38 others injured today after a bus overturned in the Egypt's Beni Suef governorate, medical officials said.
The accident happened at the Cairo-Beni Suef eastern dessert road.
About 15 ambulances were rushed to spot and the injured were transferred to the hospital for treatment. The primary investigations showed that the driver lost control of the bus due to high speed.
Last month, at least 10 people were killed and 20 others were injured after 22 vehicles, including private cars and microbuses collided in the eastern desert road near Bani Suef.
Egypt has one of the world's highest accident rates owing to careless driving and poor road and vehicle conditions.
The WHO ranks Egypt as the world's tenth worst country in road accidents, after India, China and the US.
- 'Indians Hate Corruption,' Says PM Modi
- Even At 2 AM, Swaraj Helps Indians In Need, Modi Lauds MEA
- Afghan Air Corridor Shows India's Stubborn Thinking
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED