Six Indian MPs on FIve-Day Visit to Australia
Six Indian parliamentarians are on a five-day visit to Australia, aimed at further enhancing bilateral linkages and understanding between the two nations.
The Members of Parliament (MPs) who arrived here yesterday include Asaduddin Owaisi, Vivek Gupta, Rajeev Gowda, Sharad Tripathi, Mohammed Faizal and Ramesh Chandran.
Under the programme 'Indian Young Parliamentarian visit to Australia', the lawmakers would visit Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane, Sydney and Gold Coast from August 18 to 22 and hold meetings with Australian officials, leaders, experts and academicians.
The delegation yesterday held a private roundtable discussions at the 'Austalia India Institute' which was attended by its director Amitabh Mattoo with two noted Professors - Allan Fels AO and Ross Garnaut AO.
The delegation of MPs held discussions on the potential of bilateral relationship and Australia's foreign policy stance besides further enhancing linkages and understanding between the two nations.
Organised by India-based 'Centre for Policy Research,' the programme is aimed at providing Indian political leaders with an understanding and experience of contemporary Australia, and to build connections between lawmakers of the two countries.
The MPs are expected to meet Victoria Police Commissioner to understand law and order and multiculturalism. They would also be meeting experts to discuss uranium exports to India in Brisbane after visiting Canberra.
The initiative is seen as an opportunity for the young MPs to explore Australia for developing it as an economic and strategic partner in future.
All the MPs are on their first visit to Australia.
FROM OUTLOOKinterviewThe Indian foreign secretary on India-China, Bangladesh, Af-Pak, and of course Australia...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBAn Indian Down UnderPM Modi of Pollie-wood has been such a success onmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESSydney, Oct 9 (AP) Prime Minister John Howard scormore from WIRES>>>
- Pak Balochistan Province Assembly Resolution Condemns Modi
- PM's Fresh Bid on Kashmir: Talks of 'Ekta' And 'Mamata'
- JNU Rape Case: Varsity Suspends Accused Scholar
- Curfew in Some Parts of Srinagar, Two Towns in South Kashmir
- Trump Vows to Begin Deportations Immediately If Sworn In
- Pak: LeJ Terrorists Involved in Lanka Cricket Team Attack Killed
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Wet Outfield Denies India Chance to Level Series
- Delhi: 15-Year-Old Beaten to Death by Three Classmates, Says Police
- Scorpene Leak: DCNS Moves Aussie Court for Injunction Against The Australian
- Vadra, BJP MLA Engage in Verbal Spat Over Shaktiman
- Merkel Rejects Muslim Migrant Ban, Urges Fair Distribution
- Minor Raped by Juvenile Neighbour in Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED