Six Indian MPs on FIve-Day Visit to Australia
Six Indian parliamentarians are on a five-day visit to Australia, aimed at further enhancing bilateral linkages and understanding between the two nations.
The Members of Parliament (MPs) who arrived here yesterday include Asaduddin Owaisi, Vivek Gupta, Rajeev Gowda, Sharad Tripathi, Mohammed Faizal and Ramesh Chandran.
Under the programme 'Indian Young Parliamentarian visit to Australia', the lawmakers would visit Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane, Sydney and Gold Coast from August 18 to 22 and hold meetings with Australian officials, leaders, experts and academicians.
The delegation yesterday held a private roundtable discussions at the 'Austalia India Institute' which was attended by its director Amitabh Mattoo with two noted Professors - Allan Fels AO and Ross Garnaut AO.
The delegation of MPs held discussions on the potential of bilateral relationship and Australia's foreign policy stance besides further enhancing linkages and understanding between the two nations.
Organised by India-based 'Centre for Policy Research,' the programme is aimed at providing Indian political leaders with an understanding and experience of contemporary Australia, and to build connections between lawmakers of the two countries.
The MPs are expected to meet Victoria Police Commissioner to understand law and order and multiculturalism. They would also be meeting experts to discuss uranium exports to India in Brisbane after visiting Canberra.
The initiative is seen as an opportunity for the young MPs to explore Australia for developing it as an economic and strategic partner in future.
All the MPs are on their first visit to Australia.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- Yeddyurappa Will Be BJP's CM Face In Karnataka: Shah
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10