Singer Arati Mukherjee Joins BJP
Popular playback singer Arati Mukherjee, who gained fame for numerous songs both Bengali and Hindi, today joined the BJP.
General Secretary of state unit of BJP Rahul Sinha said, "it is good people like her has joined the party."
"This shows that the BJP is gaining acceptance from people from various strata of the society," Sinha said at a news conference here today.
Mukherjee said "I have joined the party not for politics, but to revive the culture of West Bengal."
"I knew Babul Supriyo (singer and now an MP from Asansol) and Bappi Lahiri (music composer) for long and they are like my brothers," she said.
Mukherjee said, "I have always appreciated good work and Prime Minister Narendra Modi is doing. That is why I became a part of the BJP."
To another query relating to CBI's Saradha probe, Sinha said, "Let the investigating agency expose the truth and those behind the scam."
Sinha also said, "I will ask the Trinamool Congress not to make baseless remarks while the CBI probe is on. If Trinamool has the courage, then it should expel those leaders and ministers whose names have cropped up in the course of the probe".
- PM Should Also be Suspended for 'Inviting ISI to Pathankot': Mann
- Patient Shoots Doctor at Berlin Hospital, Kills Self: Police
- Irom Sharmila to Call Off Hunger Strike After 16 Years
- Devas-Antrix Deal: India Loses Arbitration Case at the Hague
- Four Militants Killed, Another Apprehended in Kupwara
- Flipkart Acquires Jabong From Global Fashion Group
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- 'Pained' by Una Episode, Many Dalits Plan to Embrace Buddhism
- British PM May Calls Sharif to Discuss Ties
- Child Labour Bill a Missed Opportunity for Children: Satyarthi
- Govt Holds Meet With RSS Affiliates Over Key Economic Issues
- HC Seeks Centre's Report on Use of Pellet Guns in Kashmir
- Psychological Warfare on Social Media Our New Threat: Rathore
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED