Singer Arati Mukherjee Joins BJP
Popular playback singer Arati Mukherjee, who gained fame for numerous songs both Bengali and Hindi, today joined the BJP.
General Secretary of state unit of BJP Rahul Sinha said, "it is good people like her has joined the party."
"This shows that the BJP is gaining acceptance from people from various strata of the society," Sinha said at a news conference here today.
Mukherjee said "I have joined the party not for politics, but to revive the culture of West Bengal."
"I knew Babul Supriyo (singer and now an MP from Asansol) and Bappi Lahiri (music composer) for long and they are like my brothers," she said.
Mukherjee said, "I have always appreciated good work and Prime Minister Narendra Modi is doing. That is why I became a part of the BJP."
To another query relating to CBI's Saradha probe, Sinha said, "Let the investigating agency expose the truth and those behind the scam."
Sinha also said, "I will ask the Trinamool Congress not to make baseless remarks while the CBI probe is on. If Trinamool has the courage, then it should expel those leaders and ministers whose names have cropped up in the course of the probe".
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman