Shuttler Praneeth Beats Korea's Dong-keun to Enter Super Series Final at Singapore
Indian shuttler B Sai Praneeth dished out a dominating performance to outclass Korea's Lee Dong-keun in straight games and reach his maiden Super Series final at the Singapore Open here today.
Praneeth, who had reached the finals at Syed Modi Grand Prix Gold in January only to suffer an injury in his shoulders, continued his rampaging run in the tournament to thrash three-time Korea Masters Grand Prix Gold winner Lee 21 -6 21-8 in a lop-sided semifinal match.
The 24-year-old from Hyderabad, who had clinched the Canada Open last year, came out with a well sorted strategy and executed it brilliantly to completely blow away his opponent in the opening game.
In the second game, Praneeth continued to dominate the proceedings and zoomed to a 9-1 lead. The Korean managed to reduce the deficit to 4-10 before the Indian entered the break with a 11-4 lead.
The Indian has some big wins in his career, which include victories against 2003 All England Champion Muhammad Hafiz, former World and Olympic champion Hashim of Malaysia, and three-time Olympic silver medallist and World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia.
- France Votes in Presidential Election
- PIL in HC for Ban on 66 Pesticides
- Liquor Ban Will Unite Religions: Nitish Kumar
- GST Great Illustration of Cooperative Federalism, Says PM Modi
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MCD Election: Exit Polls Predict Sweep for BJP, Setback for AAP
- MCD Election: SEC to Issue Memos to Officials for Delay in Sending Data
- MCD Election: Polling Ends Peacefully, Turnout Likely to Cross 54%
- Jaitley Flags H-1B Visa Concerns with US Treasury Secy
- Delhi Gangrape Convicts Challenged the High Court
- US Accuses TCS, Infosys of Violating H-1B Visa Norms
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 'How Can You Make Aadhaar Mandatory When We Passed An Order To Make It Optional', SC Asks Centre
- Muslims Don't Vote For Us, But We Gave Them 'Proper Sanctity': Ravi Shankar Prasad
- New UP DGP Sulkhan Singh Takes Charge, Vows to Crush 'Goondagardi'
- UP DGP Javeed Ahmed Shunted Out to Head PAC, 12 IPS Officers Transferred